Question Regarding Fido Plan Matching

SOLVED
Soljah
I'm a Participant Level 3

I have a question that I just wanted to ask out of curiosity.

I was looking to add another line to my account (currently have two lines). As an average consumer would do, I was researching and comparing various available offers from all cell companies applicable, including any potential deals available through my employment. I became aware of a particular plan Fido has available at the moment for matching a competitor. When I contacted Fido to ask about the plan, I was told it is certainly available; however, it was only for existing customers who were thinking of leaving. Fair enough as I would imagine they don’t want to lose business.

So on one hand, it seems as though Fido doesn’t want to lose the customer’s business but then on the other hand, Fido is okay with losing business from a current customer looking to add another line?

I’m just asking as I don’t quite understand this decision. As a result, another carrier has our business and not Fido.

Accepted Solution

Re: Question Regarding Fido Plan Matching

Solved by I'm a Participant Level 3 Soljah

@FidoKenny - That's okay. I ended up going with another carrier for the additional line I was looking to add with Fido. I was able to get a great offer from the other carrier and we're pretty happy about it. It all worked out well in the end.  Happy

View solution in context
4 REPLIES 4
FidoKenny

Hey @Soljah

Sorry to see that you couldn't get the plan you were looking for.

As @KAPABLE-K mentioned, it might be simply because you are not eligible for that specific plan.

But I would still be happy to go over your options to see what can be done.

I also want to let you know that you have the option to contact us in different channels for questions related to your account.

You can find our contact us page here for future reference.

I'm sending you  a PM now to get this looked into Smiley Talk to you soon !!

Soljah
I'm a Participant Level 3

@FidoKenny - That's okay. I ended up going with another carrier for the additional line I was looking to add with Fido. I was able to get a great offer from the other carrier and we're pretty happy about it. It all worked out well in the end.  Happy

That's too bad, @Soljah

If ever you change your mind, we'll be here Smiley

KAPABLE-K
MVP

@Soljah I understand what you are saying it could be that your account is not eligible or targeted for the promo price, in any event they probably would offer you the promo so you don't cancel the existing  lines so it makes no sense not to give you the promo to get a new line added. I'm sure a moderator here in the community can look into it for you and hopefully gain new business from you.