Purchasing new phone with fido dollars

SOLVED
kev_ly32
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hi Fido,

How can I used my Fido dollars towards purchasing a new phone. I was interested in the Huawei GR5 (retailed at $100) with about $45 fido dollars. When I go to my account online to "upgrade my phone" it does not give me the option to use the Fido dollars. Also, if purchased, could I give this phone to a relative of mine who has a plan under rogers?

Accepted Solution

Re: Purchasing new phone with fido dollars

Solved by Former Moderator FidoPamela

Hey @kev_ly32

The option to use your FidoDollars is not available online at this time. You can still place the order online and once that's done reach out to us so we can apply the FidoDollars for you. We can also place the order for you if you prefer. 

The phone would be unlocked or you'd have the option to unlock it for free so giving it to a relative would not be a problem. 

Hope that helps! Smiley 

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
FidoPamela
Former Moderator

Hey @kev_ly32

The option to use your FidoDollars is not available online at this time. You can still place the order online and once that's done reach out to us so we can apply the FidoDollars for you. We can also place the order for you if you prefer. 

The phone would be unlocked or you'd have the option to unlock it for free so giving it to a relative would not be a problem. 

Hope that helps! Smiley