Purchased upgrade. but website said there was error

SOLVED
MusicalPolymath
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hello Denizens of Fidolandia;

Today I attempted to purchase an LG G5 via the online website to replace my ailing Nexus 5. After completing all the fields and forms and hitting complete, the website threw an error saying that something went wrong and the transaction was not complete. However, upon checking my creditcard transaction log, I was indeed charged the amount quoted and accepted.

Does this mean my order went through, even though I do not have any email confirmations, or will the amount charged to my creditcard be refunded and I'll have to place the order again.

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Re: Purchased upgrade. but website said there was error

Solved by Former Moderator FidoMaria

@MusicalPolymath That's really odd. I'll send you a PM so we can take a closer look into it.

Talk to you soon! Smiley

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @MusicalPolymath & welcome to the Community!

Upgrading through Fido.ca is temporarily unavailable. However, had it be working, you would have been billed to the account and not on your credit card for the order. Where exactly did you go to place your order?

MusicalPolymath
I'm a Participant Level 2

Through the Fido Store. Does this mean they tried to set up a new account with me?

They had me verify my current account information as part of the purchase process so I assumed it was all linked together. 

This is a problem as I cannot call in to cancel this order or correct the situation as my current device has a microphone issue that will not allow me to make calls.

@MusicalPolymath That's really odd. I'll send you a PM so we can take a closer look into it.

Talk to you soon! Smiley