Problem with wireless home phone

gcrmt
I'm a Contributor Level 2

I'm having an issue with my home phone.  It's been working great for 1.5yrs but for the past few months some phone calls are not making it through and being sent to voicemail.  It seems to be occuring with the same phone number (which has worked fine prior to the issues).  The person calling says that the are getting a dialing tones as per usual before the voicemail answers however my end doesn't ring.  They think no one is home and then they dial my cell phone asking where I am (obviously I'm home).  My phone also doesn't show there is a voicemail from this same number eventhough it is there.  What's going on Fido?

I have the original WF720 modem.

4 REPLIES 4
FidoCatherine
Former Moderator

Hi gcrmt 

Does the home-phone issue occur with any number or always the same caller?

When you try to call your Home Phone from another phone (example; your cellphone) does your Home Phone ring?

Thanks for filling me in 😃 

jsim1
I'm a Participant Level 1

My elderly father can't reach me because, when he calls, my phone does not ring and his call goes directly to the Fido unit's voicemail.  We have tested this many times when I am standing right beside the phone.  This only seems to happen from his land line.  His cell phone works fine.  In a emergency he relies on his landline phone because he hardly uses his cell phone.  If he needs me in an emergency situation I would like to get this matter resolved.  I noticed another customer had the same problem but no resolution was posted by the moderator.  Can you please help us.

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Hey jsim1!

Welcome to the Community!

Is this only happening only with your father's landline or is it happening with any other numbers too? 

Are you able to call his landline using your home phone? Are you using the WF721 or the WF720? 

Have you tried rebooting the device?

Let us know! 

gcrmt
I'm a Contributor Level 2

WF720:  Generally it's the same number, my parents phone, from a Rogers home phone line.  Everything else is good.

Actually just changed to the WF721 and it doesn't work at all.  Can dial out but nothing can dial in.  Even if it connects, the inbound call gets voicemail.  The voicemail indicator also doesn't work.  Switching back to WF720.

What's wrong with these Chinese devices?