Problem with my Spotify Premium

SOLVED
d0ndeguzman
I'm a Participant Level 1

I have already activated the Spotify premium with my pulse plan on May 13, 2015 with my old spotify account.

My old Spotify account was linked to my Facebook account. For security reasons, I had to deactivate my facebook account permanently. Forgetting that it was linked to my Spotify account, I had lost access to my Spotify account subscribed to the pulse plan. I contacted Spotify and they managed to create a new account for me under a username and password instead of linking it to facebook.

They told me that in order to "fully close" the old account, I would have to talk to Fido to close their "payment system" on my old account but after being on the phone with Fido for almost 2 hours, they could not do anything. I do not understand how Fido has no "access" to unsubscribing from Spotify when it is clearly Fido that is paying for my spotify subscription. Please tell me there is another way for me to get my 2 years worth of spotify back on my Fido phone. Perhaps they can reset my Fido plan? or any other solution because, frankly, the only reason I got Fido is because I use spotify.

Accepted Solution

Re: Problem with my Spotify Premium

Solved by Moderator

Hey guys,

Thought a small update on this might help everyone Smiley

If ever you had your free Spotify Premium subscription linked to your Facebook account and you decide to cancel Facebook, you'll need to contact us to delink your Spotify from Facebook so you can re-register with a new user name.

Here's how you can reach out to us.

Cheers! Smiley

View solution in context
47 REPLIES 47
FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Once you delete it you can reach out to us and we'll help out Smiley @Ariam .

Ariam
I'm a Participant Level 2

There. I deactivated that Facebook account
FidoRanya
Former Moderator

I'll send you a PM Smiley @Ariam

Hey guys,

Thought a small update on this might help everyone Smiley

If ever you had your free Spotify Premium subscription linked to your Facebook account and you decide to cancel Facebook, you'll need to contact us to delink your Spotify from Facebook so you can re-register with a new user name.

Here's how you can reach out to us.

Cheers! Smiley

Ariam

I am having the same problem and would really like some assistance with that.
FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Hey @Ariam

Can you give us details on what you're experiencing ? 

You deleted your Facebook account ? 

Ariam

I have not deleted it as of yet but I want to deactivate it for personal reasons. I already changed all my information with spotify to a log-in with email instead of facebook
summerchef

Hello,
Can someone help me with this issue as well?

Thank you Smiley

Hey summerchef and welcome to the community Smiley

I'll PM you in a few Smiley

Oldschoolgirl30

Hello everyone..I want to get started with my Spotify acct.i have the app already,please help.thanks

Hey Oldschoolgirl30 Smiley

Take a peek at this blog post for the steps: 

http://bit.ly/SpotifyPremiumActivation

Hope this helps Smiley

Ramez99

Hey, can someone Please help me with this too I'm currently facing the same problem.
thank you

Hey Ramez,

Welcome to the community! Smiley

A PM is heading your way, talk to you soon.

steph0614

I have the same problem. My account is linked to my old phone number and i already called customer sevice but they never got back to me about it.

Hey @steph0614

Welcome to the community! 

I'll send you a PM so we can check it out together! Smiley 

1060mt

Hi,

I'm getting the same message. 

ATTENTION!

This Spotify account is already associated with another phone number. Try a different account, or create a new one.

This happened after fido changed my account number due to maintenance issue.  I have different account number but my number is the same

Hey fidomt!

I'll get that fixed for you Smiley 

I'll send you a PM in a few minutes!

oliverf1

Hello,

I used to have spotify premium with my  Fido pulse plan, but following account number modification by Fido, I have to link again my fido plan with my existing spotify account. But it does not work.

I go on  fidozone.ca, try to connect on my spotify account and at this moment I get a message saying that my spotify account is already linked to another number. 

Can someone help me fixing this, other than by creating another account ?

Thanks for your help.

**Edited title

Hey Oliverf1,

welcome to the community! Smiley

I'll send you a PM so we can check this out. 

sml

Received a text from Fido that they have given out new account numbers and we may have to reactivate our free 2 year spotify premium accounts. Both my sons and husband's phones have to reactivate their Spotify Premium but when they try it says it is already associated with another account, being the old account. What can we do?

**Edited to add title