Problem with international SMS/phone

SOLVED
Rebden40
I'm a Participant Level 1

I got a 30/mo plan from fido with Nokis C6 unit. I tried texting my relatives from the Philippines, unfortunately globe relatives who are globe users  are not getting my text. I tried other unlocked phone and insert my fido plan sim, then it works they're getting my text on the other phone not the Nokia C6 that comes with the plan. Anybody can help me on this?

Accepted Solution

Re: Problem with international SMS/phone

Solved by Fido Employee FidoCristina

Hey everyone!

Although this thread is quite old, I'd like to add a little update since I came across it Smiley

In most such situations, just make sure that the number saved for the contact the sms does not go through has in fact +1 in front or 011 when viewed in contacts. Even if when sending sms the number entered has the correct dialing pattern (+1 /011- country code - number), the phone will use the information under the saved contact. 

If this is not the case, you can contact Fido on Twitter or Facebook and they will reset the sms profile, but please call from another phone, they are going to run a few tests and during the process the call will drop.

Hope it helps!

Cheers

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
Paolo
I'm an Expert Level 2

I too can not text to the Philppines either.

Hey everyone!

Although this thread is quite old, I'd like to add a little update since I came across it Smiley

In most such situations, just make sure that the number saved for the contact the sms does not go through has in fact +1 in front or 011 when viewed in contacts. Even if when sending sms the number entered has the correct dialing pattern (+1 /011- country code - number), the phone will use the information under the saved contact. 

If this is not the case, you can contact Fido on Twitter or Facebook and they will reset the sms profile, but please call from another phone, they are going to run a few tests and during the process the call will drop.

Hope it helps!

Cheers