Problem with Bill

Problem with Bill

Problem with Bill

DreamersKingdom
I'm a Participant Level 2

Problem with Bill

Hello,

I do manual payments through my Fido app with my visa debit to pay my phone bills. As I do every month, I recently went on the app to pay my recent bill of 73.45$. I entered my visa debit information and when I clicked complete it gave me a notice something along the lines of "Credit card invalid, please try again later'. I later checked my bank account and it says "Visa debit purchase" with a deduction of 73.45$ on the same day I tried paying my bill.

My concern is that I never received an email saying thank you for your payment, my balance still says I owe 73.45$, and my payment isn't in my payment history. Looking at the balance and deduction, this payment was clearly paid to Fido. Every other time the payments display right away and I would get the email right away, so I don't understand why it would take a few days for it to display.

Thank you.

*** Edited to add labels ***

7 REPLIES 7
DenG

I have just experienced exactly the same problem. How did yours get fixed?

Hey @DenG!

We'd love to get this resolved for you!

What exact payment method did you use, and via what platform?

Also, can you let us know if you're a prepaid or postpaid customer?

Keep us posted!

DenG

Hello,

I used a visa debit card and tried to pay the bill via the Fido app for the iPhone.

And I believe I am a postpaid user.

Thanks for for confirming!

I'll send you a PM so we can see what exactly happened Smiley

See you there!

FidoClaudia

Hey @DreamersKingdom and welcome to the Community Smiley

Sorry you had trouble with the payment online!

Have you tried calling *28 from your phone just to check with the Automated System that the payment wasn't applied to your account?

Also, if the payment didn't go through and the money was held from your credit card account, it should be released and put back to your credit card in about 24 hours.

Have you contacted your Financial Institution to see if the payment shows up on their end?

DreamersKingdom

Yes, I tried calling and it still says I owe the same balance. I rechecked my bank and it says "Visa Debit purchase-6339 ROGERSWL 1TIME". It can't be held on my credit card account because a visa debit goes through my debit card. It's used online as a credit but it takes out money from my debit's chequing account. It's the method of payment I've been using for a while also.

Thanks for clarifying @DreamersKingdom

I'll send you a PM to help out with this Smiley .