Problem sending and receiving texts involving Freedom Mobile

I'm a Participant Level 2 Bluesky9
I'm a Participant Level 2

Problem sending and receiving texts involving Freedom Mobile

I have an iPhone 7 and use imessage. Initially since I got the phone earlier this year, sending and receiving text messages has been no problem. However lately, I seem to now be having an issue with sending and receiving texts from those involved with Freedom Mobile. Essentially the texts I send to Freedom customers seem to send fine (i.e. no error message) and the ones that they send to me also get no error message, but neither messages make it to their destination. I was getting and receiving messages from these numbers no problem, but sometime after the end of July something changed.

I still get/send texts regarding others on other carriers, both with iphone and android phones. And one person with Freedom that I am having trouble getting texts to and from said that he was able to send/receive texts to another person with Fido.

Fido did reset my network settings but that didn't change anything. I've turned my phone on/off and checked the imessage settings. I even stuck my sim card in my old iphone 5 with no luck - so I don't think it is my phone.

Any suggestions? Is is my phone? Could a new sim card help? Is it an issue with Fido? Help!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4

Re: Problem sending and receiving texts involving Freedom Mobile

Hey @Bluesky9,

Welcome to the Community Smiley

That's quite strange! Don't worry though, we're here to look into it with you and sort it out!

To get things started, I'll ask you a few questions to get a deeper understanding of what might be causing this:

1. Are you using a Non Fido iPhone?

2. Have you tried turning OFF iMessage completely to see if the messages go through as regular text messages? If not, could you please test it out and let us know the result?

3. Does this only happen with other iPhones, Androids, or both?

4. Have you tried Resetting the Network Settings altogether to see if that would help? You can reset them in Settings - General - Reset - Reset Network Settings. If this step hasn't been done yet, would it be possible to give it a try and tell us if it changes anything?

Let us know and we'll take it from there Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
I'm a Participant Level 2 Bluesky9
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hi, 

in answer to your questions (in caps):

1. Are you using a Non Fido iPhone? NO

2. Have you tried turning OFF iMessage completely to see if the messages go through as regular text messages? If not, could you please test it out and let us know the result? I TESTED THIS AND THE PROBLEM CONTINUED

3. Does this only happen with other iPhones, Androids, or both? ALL PHONES TESTED WERE ANDROIDS. I DON'T KNOW ANYONE WITH AN IPHONE ON FREEDOM

4. Have you tried Resetting the Network Settings altogether to see if that would help? You can reset them in Settings - General - Reset - Reset Network Settings. If this step hasn't been done yet, would it be possible to give it a try and tell us if it changes anything? YES, THIS WAS DONE WITH NO CHANGE

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4

Hey @Bluesky9!

That's a perculiar problem you have there. Looks like we'll have to escalate this for you.

I'll be sending you a PM shortly to do just that. Smiley

Talk to you soon!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 4