Prices not being displayed online for overage on your plan

SOLVED
Jules3
I'm a Participant Level 1

Just got my phone bill, and am being charged an extra $20 this month for going over my data. Which it is what it is. My issue is, I used to be charged $5 for the same amount of overage and now I am expected to pay 4 times the price. When I spoke with the customer service I was informed that this is the pricing. When I asked them to show me the pricing, they do not have any information. I was never given this information. In fact, I was told by the last person I spoke to on the phone that nothing is changing with my plan. Pretty sure charging $20 instead of $5 is a huge difference!!!!

Accepted Solution

Re: Prices not being displayed online for overage on your plan

Solved by Former Moderator FidoTerry

Welcome the community @Jules3! Smiley

Although the pricing does not show on Fido.ca > My account. We do inform our customers of the data over usage rates when the plan change is made. Some plans also include a feature to inform you of the data over usage rates once you're close in going over. Data tracker ( if your plan is compatible with it ) also sends you a reminder by text when you reach 90% and 100% of your data bucket

As always the best way to track your usage is by checking the MyAccount App or  Fido.ca > My account. Here's a great blog as well if you need help controlling your usage. Click here to view it. Hope this helps! Very_Happy

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Welcome the community @Jules3! Smiley

Although the pricing does not show on Fido.ca > My account. We do inform our customers of the data over usage rates when the plan change is made. Some plans also include a feature to inform you of the data over usage rates once you're close in going over. Data tracker ( if your plan is compatible with it ) also sends you a reminder by text when you reach 90% and 100% of your data bucket

As always the best way to track your usage is by checking the MyAccount App or  Fido.ca > My account. Here's a great blog as well if you need help controlling your usage. Click here to view it. Hope this helps! Very_Happy