Price plan change

Price plan change

Price plan change

SOLVED
edw1
I'm a Participant Level 2

Price plan change

An example of bad customer service.I moved to Calgary Alberta and I have the 85 dolar 10 gb plan and I called today to change my phone number from an ontario phone number and the agent told me that If I do it online I can save transaction fee and she send me a link to change my plan.when I tried it online I got an error message and when I contacted back agent told me that I need to change my price plan to change my phone number which the previous agent clearly told me I don’t need to.This new agent offered my $100 5 GB price plan which is actually a joke.Is this good customer service?3 people 3 different stories for changing a phone number!!

Accepted Solution

Re: Price plan change

Solved by Moderator

Hey @edw1

Welcome to the Community!

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your feedback with us. I assure you this is definitely not the experience we wish to offer you.

I do apologize for the misunderstanding and I'd be happy to clarify this with you.

As far as the fee goes, there is a charge for a phone number change within the same local calling area. However, there are a few exceptions for which this charge won’t apply:

• Changes made online via self-serve on Fido.ca or in a Fido store (the charge will be waived automatically within 2 business days)
  • Changes initiated by Fido
  • If you move and change to a phone number in a different local calling area
  • If the new number is from a different area and isn’t compatible with the your current services (e.g. regional package, Value Packs including Visual Voicemail Plus, etc.), a change will have to be made. You will need to choose an in-market plan and add-ons that are available for that new area.

In your case, there should be no fee if you've moved to a different province. The number can be changed by customer service free of charge.

Having said that, our price plans differ from one province to another based on many factors, the same offers are not compatible with a different number. You need to choose a price plan that's available in the new province if you want to change your number.

Hope this clarifies!

View solution in context
5 REPLIES 5
FidoSaira

Hey @edw1

Welcome to the Community!

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your feedback with us. I assure you this is definitely not the experience we wish to offer you.

I do apologize for the misunderstanding and I'd be happy to clarify this with you.

As far as the fee goes, there is a charge for a phone number change within the same local calling area. However, there are a few exceptions for which this charge won’t apply:

• Changes made online via self-serve on Fido.ca or in a Fido store (the charge will be waived automatically within 2 business days)
  • Changes initiated by Fido
  • If you move and change to a phone number in a different local calling area
  • If the new number is from a different area and isn’t compatible with the your current services (e.g. regional package, Value Packs including Visual Voicemail Plus, etc.), a change will have to be made. You will need to choose an in-market plan and add-ons that are available for that new area.

In your case, there should be no fee if you've moved to a different province. The number can be changed by customer service free of charge.

Having said that, our price plans differ from one province to another based on many factors, the same offers are not compatible with a different number. You need to choose a price plan that's available in the new province if you want to change your number.

Hope this clarifies!

edw1

Thanks for the reply.

Okay I am aware about the fees associated with number change but regarding price plan change I was told that I can keep same price plan and can change number by 2 agents.And as per my understanding this price plan was offered to Alberta BC and ontario and I moved to Alberta now from Ontario.The Price plan which I have right now is $85 10 GB large tab price plan.So why this confusion and dilemma for changing a phone number just because I moved to a new province?

FidoJo
Former Moderator

We can definitively understand that's not what you have expected @edw1 

The pricing can differ from a province to another due of many factors.  

We'll be happy to send you a PM to go over our options or you can contact us here

Let us know Smiley 

edw1

I am having difficulties at my work place due to a long distance number.If you can help that would be great.I didnt expected this from Fido and I was told that a supervisor will contact me by the last agent I did online chat and that didn’t happened.

FidoJo
Former Moderator

Sure! 

You'll shortly receive a PM! 

Talk soon! 🙂