Price drop on iPhone 5S soon?

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

Price drop on iPhone 5S soon?

I lost my phone recently and am looking to buy the iPhone 5S asap. I am on a Smart plan and don't want to upgrade to a Max plan, but I am willing to upgrade my contract for another 2 years. Is it for certain that base prices for iPhone 5S will DROP once the iPhone 6 is released on September 19? Will it drop for ALL plans or will it drop only for Max plan users? 

If the price will stay the same for Smart plan users then I will buy the phone asap since it will not make a difference. Any advice is appreciated! 

Accepted Solution

Re: Price drop on iPhone 5S soon?

Hi There!

The prices have already dropped since last month. To find out if the price will drop after the release of the iPhone 6, I suggest keeping an eye on Fido.ca http://www.fido.ca/web/content/catalogue/iphones

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 7
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Solution

Hi There!

The prices have already dropped since last month. To find out if the price will drop after the release of the iPhone 6, I suggest keeping an eye on Fido.ca http://www.fido.ca/web/content/catalogue/iphones

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 7
Highlighted
I'm Qualified Level 3
I'm Qualified Level 3

FidoSamantha, how much is the iPhone 5S on a 2 year Smart plan? Fido.ca only lists the price on Max plan or no agreement full price. It was $380 back in July.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 7
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi Nick67!

The iPhone 5S 16GB is still $380 with a Smart plan at the moment. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 7
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2
I'm a Participant Level 2

Now that the iphone 6 has been released and is available for preorder when will the iphone 5s prices offered by fido be competitive with the price drop apple has done??  For instance, Apple is now selling iphone 5s 32G for $699 but fido still has it priced at $819.  Thanks.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 7
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3
I'm a Participant Level 3

Anyone know how long ago the price has been at 380 for the iphone5s?  I'm also wondering if it will further drop in price due to the new iphone 6 release.

Thanks!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
I'm Qualified Level 3
I'm Qualified Level 3

@Ranmaz,

The iPhone 5S 15GB has been $380 since the beginning of July. It was $430 for the longest time before that. It would make sense that it would drop in price, but a Fido rep told me he didn't think it would go any cheaper. It was like $580 on a 2 year Smart plan when the phone came out Fall 2013 so it has come down considerably since then.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 7