Prepaid sim card blocked from internet

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3

Prepaid sim card blocked from internet

Hello Fido Community! Basically, my problem is that my SIM card is apparently blocked from internet access (Prepaid sim card | Which is supposed to have the option of buying one day/week passes when prompted.)

The phone I currently have is a LG KF750(secret) unlocked, and set up the APN and Internet profiles accordingly. To test that the settings worked, I asked a friend for his fido prepaid SIM card and placed it inside of my phone and when I went to Google (or any site besides Fido's WAP page) it prompted for the user(me in this case) to buy a Week or day pass.

However, when I use my own fido prepaid SIM card, it did not work (gave the error message: "Connection failed."). Which makes me go towards the conclusion that my SIM card can not access the internet. I would really appreciate some help on this issue.

P.S: Pardon my writing skills

Accepted Solution

Re: Prepaid sim card blocked from internet

well if its blocked, it would be blocked at the NETWORK level, there is not much the community can help you with, you might need to speak with a CSR agent, who can go into your account and remove what ever the restriction is.
View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 6
Highlighted
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2
Solution

well if its blocked, it would be blocked at the NETWORK level, there is not much the community can help you with, you might need to speak with a CSR agent, who can go into your account and remove what ever the restriction is.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted

Thanks, I was considering this as an option.

Also, just one more question. Why does Fido consider my 3 year old LG secret a 'smartphone'? (7$/week for 125mb and 2$/day for 25mb for data pass)

Normally you would think it would be the same price as the data pass for a LG gossip or any other mobile phone.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

Only Fido-certified phones qualify for 1$ a day day pass pricing. Fido-certified means sold and tested by Fido.

I am a Fido employee, but my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Fido or its affiliates.

Je suis un(e) employé(e) de Fido mais mes commentaires sont les miens et ne reflètent pas nécessairement le point de vue.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted

By "Fido-Certified Phones" you mean all phones sold by Fido including discontinued models? And how exactly does Fido check your phone brand/model in the first place?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hello Bently,

It is correct; Fido-Certified handsets are phone that have been sold by Fido, including discontinued models.

We know if your phone is a Fido phone or not by entering your phone's IMEI (which can be found by dialing *#06# on Fido handsets) in our system.

Non-Fido IMEI's will be rejected by the system automatically and a default non-Fido IMEI will be entered instead.

I hope that this answers your request.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 6