Prepaid plan expiry date

Prepaid plan expiry date

Prepaid plan expiry date

SOLVED
KevinRBurke
I'm a Participant Level 3

Prepaid plan expiry date

Ok i am a Pay as you go fido user and i want to know if my expire date comes and goes with out a refill do I lose all my time i put on my phone...example I have $35.00 on my phone and the expire date is tomorrow will all my money disappear if i don't refill it ?

Accepted Solution

Re: Prepaid plan expiry date

Solved by Former Moderator FidoAlyson

Hey @KevinRBurke

If you take a look over here under ''See full details'' at the bottom of the page, you'll see that once your balance expires you still have a period of 7 days to refill! Once these 7 days expire, the funds will be lost. 

If you make your refill during that period of time though,  you'll be able to resume your services and your balance will remain Smiley

Hope this clarifies things!

View solution in context
5 REPLIES 5
FidoAlyson
Former Moderator

Hey @KevinRBurke

If you take a look over here under ''See full details'' at the bottom of the page, you'll see that once your balance expires you still have a period of 7 days to refill! Once these 7 days expire, the funds will be lost. 

If you make your refill during that period of time though,  you'll be able to resume your services and your balance will remain Smiley

Hope this clarifies things!

KevinRBurke

Ok ty but now i have another question ....Why did my 30 cents a minute go up to 40 cents a minute for pre paid ? I tried the Live chat and they tell me they don't deal with prepaid accounts..What might have happened was this...A week ago I place my phone down  and it took a tumble across the kitchen floor and when i picked it up i saw that it might have been broken because it wouldn't turn on.. So i took out it's battery and sat it down for a few minutes and replaced the battery and it still didn't work..So i took out the battery again and started surfing the fido pages for a new phone...I saw the ZTE Z222 and it's 40 cents prepaid minute plan..

https://www.fido.ca/web/Fido.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=MonthlyPlans&displayPrepaidPlans=true

I clicked on it and was going to buy it then remembered you guyz have a problem with my interac card "visa"and the Phone is till in my cart but i didn't pay for it..I am thinking I might have been upgraded to that plan but still need to pick up that phone up at fido. is this the reason it went up to 40 cents a minute ? BTW  after all this.. I replaced the battery back into my Old "Dinosaur" Nokia 3310 Fido phone about an hour after and it worked

Hey @KevinRBurke, thanks for reaching out Smiley

The default prepaid rates have changed from $0.30 per minute to $0.40 per minute.

This was applied to all prepaid plans.

Also, I'm happy to see that you were able to have your phone work again by placing back the battery Smiley

KevinRBurke

Yeah only problem with that phone now is when i make a call it will disconect the call after two minutes saying theres a problem with the battery ..So after a few weeks someone gave me a blackberry curve and i had to put the nokia's sim into it and it works great only problem now is that sometimes i azz dial voice mail and i get charged 80 cents a minute for using it

Hey @KevinRBurke

Did you try to change your voicemail retrieval number to +1 416 821-6549 from the phone settings? You will be charged for listening to your voicemail since it uses your airtime. Smiley