Prepaid expiry date on the new fido page

SOLVED
SparklingAngel
I'm a Participant Level 1

The new my account page is very confusing. It says that my expiry date is Nov 26 2015. But when I called by the phone, it said it expires on Nov 25 2015. 

Which is the right date??

***Edited to add labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: Prepaid expiry date on the new fido page

Solved by Former Moderator FidoAmanda

Hey SparklingAngel! 

Welcome to the Community!

You need to refill your account 24 hours before the expiry date. This means that the 26th is when your balance will expire but you'll need to refill by the 25th to ensure that your remaining balance carries over. 

Hope this helps! 

View solution in context
4 REPLIES 4
FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Hey SparklingAngel! 

Welcome to the Community!

You need to refill your account 24 hours before the expiry date. This means that the 26th is when your balance will expire but you'll need to refill by the 25th to ensure that your remaining balance carries over. 

Hope this helps! 

HarveyLee

This new format now amounts to Fido wounld short changed you "one day" on each refill, when comparing to the old format.  In the past the expiry date was very specific:  that it expired at 11:59pm of a date ... which allowed you to refill actully on the expiry date (till 11:59pm) ... now it is a day before the expiry date (and non-specific).  This means each refill is valid for only 29 days in practice and not the 30 days as advertised ... in fact that is misrepresentation & false advertising.

Hey HarveyLee, 

Thanks for your insight on this!

The balance will still be active for 30 days though, you just have to refill on the day before for it to be extended for another 30 days. If you don't however, it's alright because you'll still have 7 days to refill and have your balance carried over but you just won't have service in the meantime. 

Makes sense? 

Apple101

The previous expiry date it says on my account is July 24, 2016. So, when I refill it the day before the expiry date (July 23), it gives me the new expiry day, August 22. Making it consistent to assume they are all expired at 12am, it only give you 29 days by doing the simple manual calculation, counting one by one, and starting 12am on August 22, it will be another cycle.