Prepaid Plans and FidoDollars

SOLVED
jchan
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi, I have two separate questions:

1. I'm currently under an old 10$/month By the Month prepaid plan. I recently received a text from Fido that the FidoRewards program is ending October 31, 2015 and that my FidoDollars will be gone January 31, 2015. I wish to spend my FidoDollars on additional airtime balance, and reading the FidoRewards Program Terms and Conditions, #8 tells me that I can spend them on "$20 increments of prepaid airtime". Logging into my account, under the FidoRewards section, there is a Redeem FidoDollars link, which leads me to a page with options to buy 5$, 10$, 15$, and 20$ prepaid airtime. I was wondering if I can actually charge my FidoDollars with these options, or can I only buy the 20$ option as listed in the Terms and Conditions? If I can buy extra prepaid airtime, will these carry over to the next month as usual provided that I continue my monthly plan, or will any remaining airtime bought with my FidoDollars not carry over?

2. Can I switch over to a By the Minute prepaid plan while keeping my current phone number? If yes, will I keep any remaining unused airtime or will those no longer exist/be useable? If no, can I switch over to a different By the Month prepaid plan while keeping my current phone number? 

Accepted Solution

Re: Prepaid Plans and FidoDollars

Solved by Former Moderator FidoAmanda

Hi jchan!

Welcome to the Community! 

Don't worry, you're not required to redeem your FidoDOLLARS in increments of $20 only. Smiley You can choose to refill the account with either $5, $10, $15, or $20, as you wish. And the amount that you redeem in FidoDOLLARS will carry over to the next month if unused as long as you refill your account before the balance expire, same as with any other voucher you redeem. 

You can change your plan at anytime to any of the prepaid plans we offer, even to a By the Minute plan, without having to change your phone number and you'll for sure keep your airtime after you change your plan. 

Hope this helps! 

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Hi jchan!

Welcome to the Community! 

Don't worry, you're not required to redeem your FidoDOLLARS in increments of $20 only. Smiley You can choose to refill the account with either $5, $10, $15, or $20, as you wish. And the amount that you redeem in FidoDOLLARS will carry over to the next month if unused as long as you refill your account before the balance expire, same as with any other voucher you redeem. 

You can change your plan at anytime to any of the prepaid plans we offer, even to a By the Minute plan, without having to change your phone number and you'll for sure keep your airtime after you change your plan. 

Hope this helps! 

kmarin
I'm a Participant Level 2

I'm also on the old 10$/month By the Month prepaid plan.and am wondering, if I purchase a 20$ prepaid airtime voucher with my Fido Dollars and add it to my account, will it simply increase my account balance by $20 while keeping rate per minute and features of my plan?  I've been hesitant to add any airtime using prepaid vouchers as I don't want to lose my old $10/month prepaid plan rates and features.

@kmarin wrote:

I'm also on the old 10$/month By the Month prepaid plan.and am wondering, if I purchase a 20$ prepaid airtime voucher with my Fido Dollars and add it to my account, will it simply increase my account balance by $20 while keeping rate per minute and features of my plan?  I've been hesitant to add any airtime using prepaid vouchers as I don't want to lose my old $10/month prepaid plan rates and features.

Hi Kmarin, 

You can refill with your fidodollar, and your old plan won't change.