Prepaid Mobile Data charging me for pay per use when I still have 4MB left

SOLVED
GPF
I'm a Participant Level 3
I'm a Participant Level 3

Hi,

I am on a prepaid SMS yearly plan with 100 minutes of voice. As mobile data is not included, I purchase a $10 100MB add-on when I need it. In the last few months, I would get an SMS from Fido saying that I have exceeded the 100MB and will then be charged pay-per-use. But when I login to my Fido account online I still have 4MB left.

This problem happens every month that I buy the 100MB add-on. If I purchase another $10 data add-on, it does not automatically get applied so I'm still on pay-per-use until the previous add-on with a balance of 4MB expires. Only then will the new $10 add-on will be applied.

I've lost track of how much I was incorrectly charged for pay-per-use when I still had an add-on balance. I called Fido about this but was told they don't handle billing issues over the phone for pre-paid plans. Emailing them is no longer an option. So here I am in this community forum where I hope Fido will respond and try to make things right.

Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Re: Prepaid Mobile Data charging me for pay per use when I still have 4MB left

Solved by Former Moderator FidoAmanda

Hey GPF!

Keep in mind that it's not possible to add the same add on multiple times in the same month. Only one data add-on of 100 MB can be added at a time. This add-on is a monthly add on. This means that $10 is deducted from your balance every month on the same day and thusly you get 100 MB for the next 30 days. If you use more than 100 MB, then the overages are charged at $0.15 per MB until the next month when your add-on is renewed. 

That said, you shouldn't be charged overages until your full bucket of 100 MB is used. We'll need to take a peek in your account to see what's going on. 

I'll send you a PM shortly. 

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Hey GPF!

Keep in mind that it's not possible to add the same add on multiple times in the same month. Only one data add-on of 100 MB can be added at a time. This add-on is a monthly add on. This means that $10 is deducted from your balance every month on the same day and thusly you get 100 MB for the next 30 days. If you use more than 100 MB, then the overages are charged at $0.15 per MB until the next month when your add-on is renewed. 

That said, you shouldn't be charged overages until your full bucket of 100 MB is used. We'll need to take a peek in your account to see what's going on. 

I'll send you a PM shortly.