Prepaid Credits Accumulate

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

Prepaid Credits Accumulate

Just a question, if my prepaid credits accumulate over time since I hardly ever use my phone, is there any way to redeem this money?  Someone told me that if you have over $150, Fido has some sort of program in place...  THanks,

vanFido

Accepted Solution

Re: Prepaid Credits Accumulate

Hi vanFIdo,

If you use less than $10 a month and your balance is expiring within 90 days, you have the option of using $100 (from the existing airtime balance) to extend the expiry date by a year. Note that only the expiry date is extended and no airtime is added. 

I hope this answers your question! Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 6
Highlighted
Moderator (inactive)
Moderator (inactive)
Solution

Hi vanFIdo,

If you use less than $10 a month and your balance is expiring within 90 days, you have the option of using $100 (from the existing airtime balance) to extend the expiry date by a year. Note that only the expiry date is extended and no airtime is added. 

I hope this answers your question! Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted

Ok, so would I stil have to add $10 per month to my account?  I need a phone for primarily incoming texts, so I have the "By the min $.40" plan but now I realize that I must add $10 per month even though I won't be using that amount (though I know I'll be subtracted .75 for 911)

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
Moderator (inactive)
Moderator (inactive)

You won't have to make any refills until the expiry date. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted

Ok, so to clarify:

I add $10/month for 11 months.  My total is $110 - 11*.75 = $101.75 (presuming I make no calls - only incoming texts).  At this point I don't have to add any money for 1 year since I'm over $100?  The next month I get .75 subtracted again and so on?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Moderator (inactive)
Moderator (inactive)

The $0.75 fee will be deducted from the $100 and you won't have to make any refills until the new expiry date. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 6