Premium Voicemail-To-Text not working

SOLVED
JerrySizzla
I'm a Participant Level 3

Hello,

I recently (4 days ago) added the $5/month "Value Pack" that includes Premium Voicemail-To-Text. I set this-up over the phone with a CSR as the online option was not working. In other words, I double checked that it was exactly what I thought, it was compatible with my phone ASUS Zenfone 2 and that it was an available add-on with my current plan (Fido Pulse BYOP plan - 2GB/$70).

To make a long story short it's not working. When I receive a call I get the standard (and very vague) message that goes something like this;

Voice     Msg notice Total: 2 (0 urg.)

1:31 PM

Called another CSR about a half hour ago and she didn't a have a clue. Told me she was going to "reset my account" to see if that helps and that after one minute I should reboot my phone, call my cell from another phone and see if that helps. Well believe it or not, it did not help!

Can someone please let me know what I have to do in order to get this working properly?

Many thanks,

Accepted Solution

Re: Premium Voicemail-To-Text not working

Solved by I'm a Participant Level 3 JerrySizzla

OK,

I was able to get this resolved. I called-in to have my voicemail reset. WHen the lady had a look at the account she noticed that the person who activated the value pack didn't remove the previous voicemail, which she referrred to as "mini mail". They only added the other. She didn't think that this was even possible and stated that she had "never seen that before"

Either way after several re-boots and attempts, it does seem to be resolved. So  at the end of the day it was the removal of the old voice mail system and resetting the voicemail system that seems to have resolved this.

Thanks for your assistance.

View solution in context
10 REPLIES 10
KAPABLE-K
MVP

Make sure your data is enabled.

If it is and it's still not working ask Fido to reset your voicemail then set it up back and it should work.

JerrySizzla

Thanks for the suggestion.

I've always had my data enabled. The Fido rep reset my voicemail when I originally called-in to get the add-on. Is there any reason why repeating the exact same steps would work this time?

Thanks

Some users that already had VM then added the Premium Voicemail and it was not working had to get the VM reset and setup back before it work. It could also be that it's not provision correctly on your line.

JerrySizzla

Well, in that case I'll try again. If it's successful I'll be sure to update in order to add a record which may prove to be useful to those experiencing this problem in the future.

Would you mind explaining what you mean when you said

"It could also be that it's not provision correctly on your line."

I'm afraid I don't quite understand what you mean.

Thanks,

JerrySizzla

OK,

I was able to get this resolved. I called-in to have my voicemail reset. WHen the lady had a look at the account she noticed that the person who activated the value pack didn't remove the previous voicemail, which she referrred to as "mini mail". They only added the other. She didn't think that this was even possible and stated that she had "never seen that before"

Either way after several re-boots and attempts, it does seem to be resolved. So  at the end of the day it was the removal of the old voice mail system and resetting the voicemail system that seems to have resolved this.

Thanks for your assistance.

@JerrySizzla I'm glad you finally got it resolved.

Basically it means they have to set the correct VM to text for your line and phone from twhat I know if you are using an Apple or Android phone its a different profile.

Hey JerrySizzla!

Welcome to the Community!

Looks like we may need to take a look in your account to make sure everything is set up correctly for you. 

I'll send you a PM shortly. 

etrain
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hi,

How did you get this resolved? I have been on the phone for 5 hours over a 24 hour period and no one can figure it out...android

Hey etrain, 

I'm sorry to see you're experiencing issues with your voicemail. I just replied to your PM so we can take a closer look into your account together. Smiley