Porting one of two numbers

SOLVED
chemist
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Hi all!

I got a question. Currently I have 2 phone numbers on my account and have CircleCalling activated.

I'd like to port one of the numbers, and this number is "main".

What do I need to do before I port the number? Do I have to split 2 number into 2 separate accounts? Will my second number plan and add-ons remain unchaged?

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Re: Porting one of two numbers

Solved by MVP MVP

@chemist if you are porting out one of the number all you need to do is make sure the number remains active and when your new provider ports the number over it will automatically cancel the Fido line.

As for the second line nothing will change everything on that line will remain the same except for the circle calling. Circle calling works only if the two numbers are on the same account.

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
KAPABLE-K
MVP

@chemist if you are porting out one of the number all you need to do is make sure the number remains active and when your new provider ports the number over it will automatically cancel the Fido line.

As for the second line nothing will change everything on that line will remain the same except for the circle calling. Circle calling works only if the two numbers are on the same account.

FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Hey @chemist!

Are you looking to have someone else take over one of your numbers? If you are, this will be called a transfer of responsibility. The complete the transfer it will be best to have you both on the phone so the agent can transfer the line. We will need to do a credit check as well and once it passes, we can do the changes for you.

In most cases, the plan and add-ons will remained unchanged once the transfer is done. Hope this clarifies everything! Smiley