Porting my number

Porting my number

Porting my number

SOLVED
Mobscenity
I'm a Participant Level 3

Porting my number

Got a second line on my account for my mother as she wants to drop her home phone and just go with a cellphone. A Fido rep told me it wouldn't be a problem to port the home number but now that I have the phone and call in I'm told I can't port the number because it's either cancelled or past due. Neither of those things are true.

What's the deal?

Accepted Solution

Re: Porting my number

Solved by Former Moderator FidoAlyson

I'm really sorry for the confusion @Mobscenity,

If the port request is from a landline, the landline billing name must be the same as the billing name at Fido.

If they don't match, we won't be able to proceed.

View solution in context
11 REPLIES 11
FidoAlyson
Former Moderator

Hey @Mobscenity

Welcome to the Community!

This is based on the answer we get when trying to port your number.

Here's a list of things that can prevent the port from going through:

-Pending deactivation

-Suspension

-Past due

-Account flagged for Fraud

-Name and address do not match

Have you tried contacting the previous carrier to know why they are holding your number?

Mobscenity

The phone service is not pending deactivation, I haven't mentioned to them anything about porting out or cancelling.

The bill has been paid for the past 4 years without any past dues or suspensions or the like.

Account is not flagged for fraud.

Name and address are correct on the NRTC account, but no one asked me from Fido what they were. They are not my name, they are under my mothers. 

Is it a landline? 

When porting over a landline, both name and address need to match on both accounts.

Mobscenity

It is a landline. The name on my Fido account and address differ from the account of the landline. The second line on my account is the one I want to replace with the landline. 

I'm really sorry for the confusion @Mobscenity,

If the port request is from a landline, the landline billing name must be the same as the billing name at Fido.

If they don't match, we won't be able to proceed.

Mobscenity

Then can I not add her onto the account to have it ported? 

Since it's the billing name that needs to be the same, she would need to be the account holder, meaning that the account is under her name and not yours. 

Would this be something you want to look into?

Mobscenity

If that's what it takes then yes, we want to keep this number. 

I can definitely understand that Smiley

I'll go ahead and send you a PM to go over the details.

Talk to you soon

Hi. I've tried in the past to port a number and get same response (other provider won't release the number, contact them) I've activate the line being told that port will work and learn later that fido cannot import number beginning by 450-785-xxxx. So if it's a smaller provider sometime fido won't take it.
Thanks
zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

Did you check eligibility for that number first?