Ported number -- nothing working

SOLVED
Megatron
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hello,

Yesterday, I ported in my Telus number to replace my existing Fido number. The port process went well, and a few hours later I got a text message saying that the port was complete and that my number was now functional. 

However, that's not the case. 

My Telus phone did indeed stop working, but since the port, nothing works. I have excellent reception, and the status menu clearly says "In service". Placing calls gives me the "Your call cannot be completed as dialed" error, and anyone who tried to call me also got the same error. Incoming and outgoing text messages also are not working. I can't even dial *46 to check my balance, I get the same error as when I try to place a regular call.

For the record, I use a Xiaomi Redmi Note. I also tried with my old Galaxy Nexus, ZTE Open C, Bold 9000, with the same results.

I do not use my phone a lot, so this isn't a big problem, but I never encountered those kind of troubles when porting a number over. 

Anyone else encountered those same issues?

Accepted Solution

Re: Ported number -- nothing working

Solved by Former Moderator FidoRachel

Hey Megatron, 

If I'm not mistaken you have a prepaid account, right? It can happen sometimes when the transfer is done, the voucher doesn't follow. But don't worry, it's an easy fix. I'll send you a PM so we can get started. 

Don't forget that if you have any questions related to your account we're also available on Facebook and Twitter Smiley

View solution in context
5 REPLIES 5
Laresaka
I'm a Participant Level 3

Any solutions please?
I'm encountering the same scenario after porting my number to Fido too. I'm on prepaid as well and I can't seem to send or receive SMS; no outgoing and incoming calls as well.

Hope to hear from you.

Thank you.

Hey @Laresaka! Welcome to our community forums! How are you doing today?

You've ported your number to Fido on a prepaid plan and now you find yourself unable to call or text? That's odd! Let's take a look together!

I'll send you a PM Smiley

FidoRachel
Former Moderator

Hey Megatron, 

If I'm not mistaken you have a prepaid account, right? It can happen sometimes when the transfer is done, the voucher doesn't follow. But don't worry, it's an easy fix. I'll send you a PM so we can get started. 

Don't forget that if you have any questions related to your account we're also available on Facebook and Twitter Smiley

classicsman
I'm a Participant Level 1

I am waiting for my rogers  home phone number to be ported to you guys. You would think being "brothers" this qould be simple. Rogers tells me that it is done yet still my temporary Fido number comes up on call diplay. Since I have to diconnect one and connect the other I would like to know what to do, I will soon find myself with no phone at all.

Classicsman

Hey classicsman, 

Welcome to the Community!

The delays are longer when it comes to a home phone number but hey let's check it out.

I'll send you a PM in a few minutes Smiley