Port out existing number and reactivate cancelled account with another number?

SOLVED
gmurali1043
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hi,

I have 2 phone numbers (1 with Fido and 1 with Chatr). I ported out my Fido number to Telus today because of an irresistibles Employee deal. Now that my Fido account being cancelled and I am expected pay my left over device balance.

Is it possible to reactivate my Fido account by porting in my chatr number? So that, I will have my 2 numbers and I no need to pay left over device balance.  Please advice.

Accepted Solution

Re: Port out existing number and reactivate cancelled account with another number?

Solved by Former Moderator FidoAmanda

Hey gmurali1043!

Welcome to the Community!

Since your number was ported out, we won't be able to reactivate the same line. We're only able to reactivate a line using the same number, in the case that the number is not ported out to another company, as long as your request to reactivate your line within 60 days of deactivation. 

If you'd like to move your chatr number over to Fido, you'll need to set it up on a new account.

Hope this helps!

View solution in context
6 REPLIES 6
KAPABLE-K
MVP

Once you port out the Fido account is cancelled right away. Reactivating it is not possible from my knowledge.

Hey gmurali1043!

Welcome to the Community!

Since your number was ported out, we won't be able to reactivate the same line. We're only able to reactivate a line using the same number, in the case that the number is not ported out to another company, as long as your request to reactivate your line within 60 days of deactivation. 

If you'd like to move your chatr number over to Fido, you'll need to set it up on a new account.

Hope this helps!

gmurali1043
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hi FidoAmandaN,

Thanks the reply. 

Now I have an hypothetical question. If I had moved my chatr number to Fido before I ported out. That means, I have 2 lines on Fido account.

Line1 has a term and device balance associated to it.

Line 2 is on Month to Month.

As both lines belongs to one BAN, Can I transfer(swap) the contract on Line 1 to Line 2?. Appreaciate your help in advance.

@gmurali1043 Short answer is no, you can not swap plans between lines.

jack715
I'm a Participant Level 1

I would like too port my fido number but keep my fido account opened with a new number. Is this possible?

Hi @jack715 & welcome to the Community!

It's possible to activate a new line and port-out your existing line. It however isn't possible to keep the same plan and services of your current number if they are no longer available.

Hope this helps. Smiley