Port Number. Nothing is happening

Service interruption

An update for our valued customers: We know you depend on us and on April 19, we let you down - for this we are truly sorry. You won’t be charged for your wireless services that were impacted on Monday, April 19. A credit equivalent to that day's wireless service fee will be applied to your May bill. This will be done automatically & no action is required by you.

Click here to read more

SOLVED
squallzell
I'm a Participant Level 3

Hi.

I switched plans to a fido plan from koodo 3 hours ago and my number still has not been ported. I have received a temporary phone number that is not linked with my old phone number. I am wondering how long does it take? If its possible to just cancel my fido account and keep my old number on koodo, this number is very important for business.

Accepted Solution

Re: Port Number. Nothing is happening

Solved by Former Moderator FidoRanya

Hey @squallzell ,

Welcome to the Community.

It could take between 2 to 4 hours and up to 7 days depending on the complexity of the port in. Most port ins are done between 2-4 hours, specially when it's from mobile to mobile.

Did you reach out to your previous provider to see why the number's been cancelled? 

Keep us posted! 

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Hey @squallzell ,

Welcome to the Community.

It could take between 2 to 4 hours and up to 7 days depending on the complexity of the port in. Most port ins are done between 2-4 hours, specially when it's from mobile to mobile.

Did you reach out to your previous provider to see why the number's been cancelled? 

Keep us posted! 

squallzell
I'm a Participant Level 3

My old number has not been ported and has been disconnected by koodo. I did not cancel my number. what is going on?