Poor reception after switch from bell

I'm a Participant Level 1 Lisa68
I'm a Participant Level 1

Poor reception after switch from bell

Hi There, my husband and I recently switched from Bell to Fido as Bell service at our house was not the greatest and our kids had rogers and it was great. We have Samsungs S3 and our service sucks everywhere, any ideas? It goes in and out all of the time. I have searched through some of these questions and answers and it is very overwhelming.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 2
MVP
MVP

Re: Poor reception after switch from bell

@Lisa68 wrote:

Hi There, my husband and I recently switched from Bell to Fido as Bell service at our house was not the greatest and our kids had rogers and it was great. We have Samsungs S3 and our service sucks everywhere, any ideas? It goes in and out all of the time. I have searched through some of these questions and answers and it is very overwhelming.

Hello Lisa68,

Welcome to the community!

Did you get the Samsung S3s from Bell or elsewhere? If they were from Bell, then I believe they should be the SGH-i747 and compatible with Fido/Rogers. Are they unlocked?

Have you verified your phones have the correct APNs? If they are the SGH-i747, they should be using ltemobile.apn

You can verify those settings here, under How to configure an Android Device.

What phones are your children using? Have you tried one of their SIMs in your phones or your SIM in their phones?

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 2