Poor coverage in Nepean

Poor coverage in Nepean

Poor coverage in Nepean

Nngo2k
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Poor coverage in Nepean

Hi

Do you keep track of areas with poor coverage?

I lived in Nepean for 2 years, K2J. Whether I am by the window, first floor, second floor or outside, I get 2 bars or less. Yesterday I was on the phone with tech support and the call dropped twice.

13 REPLIES 13
Nngo2k

Fido strikes again

Turns out that I am at the edge of LTE towers? Manuel suggested that I try GSM and now I have 5 bars.

Though not what I was hoping for because now I have to remember to switch between GSM and LTE. But it is a solution nevertheless.

Bottom line: Fido listens and responds quickly.

Thanks for the shout-out!

Nngo2k

I think its the area as my friends also complain about poor reception and they are with other carriers

I hear you! In that case, we'll send you a PM so we can look into this further 😃

Nngo2k

Its been like this since the summer of 2013

Ah I see Sad

We have full LTE coverage in your area. However, it may be possible that the position of your home,  in location to the towers affects your connection.

Since this only happens in your home area, I wouldn't think it to be a phone issue. However,  have you tried resetting the phone or using another SIM to see if the problem persists?

Nngo2k

Only in my home area

Thanks for confirming Smiley

Has this been ongoing or have you only just started experiencing the issue recently? 

- Christina

Nngo2k

The coverage switches between LTE and 4G. Yesterday I had "E". Even outside I still get 2 bars or less

When this happens, are you able to make calls, send messages and browse online?

Nngo2k

I am on wifi when I am at home.

So the problem is when I make phone calls.  Any of the following has happened

- call drops

- unable able to dial out

- call lag (you know when it sounds like the Terminator is stuttering?)

Hey Nngo2k,

Thanks for the details Smiley

Does this only happen in your home area or elsewhere?

- FidoChristina

FidoManuel
Former Moderator

Hey Nngo2k!

Looks like you are covered by our network! You can review the coverage map here.

Are you on LTE when this happens? Are you getting better reception while outdoor?