Poor Customer Care

Poor Customer Care

Poor Customer Care

kevinyyu
I'm a Participant Level 2

Poor Customer Care

Today I tried calling Fido to see if they can offer me a similar plan to the $45 (2GB) pulse plan my friend got recently, since I've been getting charged quite for extra data usage lately. 4 hours later, after getting dropped by the automatic call back system twice, I finally got through by staying on the line for about 45 minutes. The rep simplied tried to play it off by saying it was a limited time offer (when it was a plan my friend negotiated for) and tried to get me to pay more for the advertised plans that everyone has access to. Not only that she kept trying to sell me on getting a new device with my Fido dollars, when I clearly stated that I did not need one. When I signed my previous contract about 4 years ago, I had 6 GB of data for 55 dollars and the rep on the phone told me that after the contract expired they would have a much more affordable plan for me. Seeing that I'm now only getting 1 GB of data for $55 and the rep is trying to get me to pay $70 for 2-3GB, that was clearly a lie. 

I've been a Fido customer for about 8 years and don't feel like they value customer loyalty at all.

I also received no notification whatsoever when the extra 1GB they so generously tagged on to my account was taken off my account. Can't believe I wasted an entire afternoon just to get a standard sales pitch, gonna try again tomorrow and if not it's probably time to look into other companies.

6 REPLIES 6
I'm a Participant Level 3

I have had a similar situation recently. I was paying 39$ for 50MB, and then recently I saw that they had 30$ for 100MB. When I called to see if they could give me a good deal since I have been paying more for less data for 2 years now, all they offered was to change me to the 30$ plan that they were already offering on their website.  Fido used to be great with working with customers and offering good deals in situations like this, but now that there is no competition because the big three have bought out everyone, they just don’t care. There is almost no difference between any of the carriers so why bother with customer service when you have pretty much a monopoly on the market.

I ended up canceling my plan on the spot and have moved to a different carrier. Now I’m having trouble on my brothers account and they have once again been unhelpful. I pay for my mom and brothers phones and am moving them over at the end of the month as well.

Hey @09876567890

We really want to help ! We send you a PM and are waiting for a reply Smiley

GKL
I'm a Contributor Level 1
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Hi Kevinyyu,

I can relate to your disappointment. I have experienced some myself over the past 6 days. No resolution. I've been a loyal customer since Fido first started their business. Too bad that loyalty didnt' seem to matter. I can't believe how much time and effort I wasted over the past 6 days too. Long hold times, calls dropped and I received rude service from the guy. No resolution. Time to look for a new service provider for. me. Good luck!

FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Hey @kevinyyu

Thanks for sharing your experience with us . It's not what we like to hear and we'll be more than happy to help you with this.

We can't necessarily offer you a plan that was offered to your friend. The offers we have are account specific and what your friend qualifies for might not be available to you . 

I'll send you a PM shortly so we can help you out Smiley

kevinyyu
I'm a Participant Level 2

@FidoRanya Please stop making this the solution to this thread when nothing has been resolved, and you guys have yet to respond to my last PM from 3 days ago.

Hey @kevinyyu

Sincerely sorry about that, we must've missed your last message for some reason. 

I'm going to take a look right now and make this right.