Poblem activating Spotify Premium

SOLVED
mhardcastle
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi,

I have had my Spotify Premium activated since August 2015 and when the Fido plans all reset this month, I was sent a text message saying I will have to re-activate my Spotify Premium. Not a problem, but when I follow the instructions on FidoHub and enter my code, once I reach the step to "Log In to Spotify" it gives me the error below. 

Capture.JPG

I have only had Spotify with this phone number... the same one I am trying to re-ativate with and don't really want to have to make a new account and lose all of my playlists etc. Please let me know what I am supposd to do...

Accepted Solution

Re: Poblem activating Spotify Premium

Solved by Former Moderator FidoManuel

Hey @mhardcastle!

I'll help you with that, we just need to un-link your current subscription so you can make a new one. 

I'll send you a PM in a few minutes to look into that with you Smiley

View solution in context
23 REPLIES 23
Warsonic

I have had mine on a 2yr contract and should of had it restarted when i resigned another contract but it's not the case and can't figure out how to get it reactivated.

Hey Warsonic!

Our Spotify Premium offer is not renewable but if you would like to continue to use it, you can add Spotify Premium for $9.99 per month through Fidohub.ca. 

You can find the instructions right here.

ymlccc
I'm a Contributor Level 1

long story short, I recently signed up with FIDO and got a G6. My plan comes with Sportify premium but I cannot activate it on FIDOhub.ca and I got charged $10 on my monthly bill. I tried it with my phone, my PC, my tablet and called several times without any resolution. The phone agent said she will contact me with a resoultion but all I got is a text message asking me contact chat support...what's going on guys? Can someone please let me know why I cannot activate my sportify premium? I don't want to keep paying for something that's suppose to be free. 

Thank you. 

***Edited title***

Hey @ymlccc

Thanks for reaching out to us with this! I moved your post into this thread as it seemed to be a good fit. 

Can you give us a little more details about what happens when you try to connect your promotional offer through fidohub.ca? Can you take a look at this page here, and let us know if those are the steps you've tried already? 

ymlccc
I'm a Contributor Level 1

@FidoPierre: thanks for the reply. I click the link you provided and I got "message not fund". So asI mentioned, when I entered the promo code, it simply say the code is not valid and please enter a valid code. I gave it a several tries and every new code i got simply wont work. The codes were sent to my phone in my text messages. Helps!

Hey @ymlccc

We will need to check your profile together.

But for this, we will need access to your account.

I'm sending you a PM now to take care of everything Smiley

Talk to you soon !!

PengW

Hi,

I got the same problem in Spotify Premium. Could you please help me to figure out? Thank you!

Welcome to our Community @PengW!

I'll PM you right away to check it out Smiley

adziuba
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hi, I am also having problems with this.  I go to the Fidohub to get the activation code but then there is no link to login to spotify.  Help!

Hey @adziuba!

Can you show us a screenshot of what happens when you get to that point?

adziuba

Hi Christina,
It is simply the screen "get a code to activate these goodies" screen. I enter my phone number, receive the code by text but do not know what to do next.

Hey @adziuba

I will need to check your profile to see what's going on.

I'm sending you a PM now to get this looked into.

Talk to you soon Smiley

ljdavies88

Hi,

I'm having the same problem - my Fido account was linked to Spotify over summer and worked fine, but now I had to reactivate it and I get the same error message 'this Spotify account is already associated with another phone number' even though my number hasn't changed.

Any help appreciated!
ayejayelle

Same thing here. I had spotify premium through Rogers and now that we're Fido it wont let me use the 6 month subscription without creating a new email and account. I want to use the same account I had!

Hey @ayejayelle

Can you please list the steps that you take and the error message that you receive?

Let us also know how far you get before you get the error message Smiley

Hi @ljdavies88,

Let me send you a PM to look into it.

Thanks

FidoManuel
Former Moderator

Hey @mhardcastle!

I'll help you with that, we just need to un-link your current subscription so you can make a new one. 

I'll send you a PM in a few minutes to look into that with you Smiley

abdeich

Hello!!

could you please help me with my premium spotify which is included in my fido pulse plan as well? it says the exact same thing

Hey @abdeich,

I'll send you a PM Smiley

mmusa2020

Can someone help me with this I'm very frustrated I'm paying for this account over couple months