Plans not matching

Plans not matching

Plans not matching

binghamfamily
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Plans not matching

I am trying to process an online request to upgrade my device, renewing a 2 year contract. I am aware that there is a fee for me to do such a thing, however, the plans that I am given the option for, doesn't match the plans that I am seeing listed on the site. I am trying to upgrade to a LG G5 on the 1GB Fido Pulse 35 plan which on the website I am seeing it would be $90 and include Canada wide minutes, however, when I process it through the my account it is saying that I have to add a $12 plan ontop of the $90 plan. Is there something that I am missing?

6 REPLIES 6
FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Hey @binghamfamily! Smiley

It is possible that the 12$ is an add on? You can get the plan and get the LG G5 without any add-ons by not selecting the option. If it's not an add-on, would you have more information on what the message is?

binghamfamily
I'm a Contributor Level 1

There wasn't so much a message. When I went into see what the plan would include if i selected the fido pulse 35 with 1gb in the upgrade option it doesn't say what you have for minutes included. It doesn't say if i would receive canada wide minutes. It is just confusing.

@nick67 Does the same thing happen when you use a different browser?

@binghamfamily You didn't get any explanation on what the 12$ charge was? If we can get more information on what it was, we can better assist you.

nick67
I'm Qualified Level 3

@FidoTerry, you are a genius! Firefox was the culprit; Internet Explorer allowed me to see all my plans options as well as to keep my existing plan. Thank you, thank you!!

Only concern: Under "Talk" it says not included, but you will see it says "450 Unl.E/WE Unlimited Canada wide long distance". I'll assume this a typo, I wouldn't lose my existing plan's 'talk' portion, right?

See screenshot below:

Fido Upgrade Existing Plan.png

FidoTerry
Former Moderator

@nick67 Haha! Thanks for the shoutout!  ( And also for trying to get me a raise Tongue )

Unless you we're asked to change the plan, the plan will stay the same. I'll send you a PM to see what happened since you should be able to get the update via Chrome. Smiley

nick67
I'm Qualified Level 3

There are issues with the online device upgrade...for example, if I attempt to upgrade to the iPhone SE, I am only given the 3 plan options of Fido Pulse plans starting at $75. No options if I just want a "Data, Talk & Text" plan. Most importantly, there is no option online to upgrade to a new device my grandfathered plan.