Plan no longer considered a Max plan for upgrade.

I'm a Contributor Level 2 yolo22
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Plan no longer considered a Max plan for upgrade.

I have 2 numbers on the same plan that renew 1 year apart.

One of my numbers was up for renewal last year and I was able to upgrade to a new phone. My plan was considered a Max plan for the upgrade and always has been.

This year my second number is up for renewal, but I am being told that my plan is no longer considered a Max plan, making the upgrade fees for a new device much higher.

What's going on here? I don't really have any incentive to stay with Fido if this is the case.

Accepted Solution

Re: Plan no longer considered a Max plan for upgrade.

Hey Guys!

The requirements for your plan to be considered under the Max plan category for an upgrade are subject to change without notice.

Since this requirement is an internal business rule, it's not something that is posted online.

If you have a separate voice plan and data plan, you need to have a combined monthly service fee of $70 for these two services in order for your plan to be considered a Max plan.

@yolo22 I'll send you a PM shortly so we can take a look in your account. Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 14
I'm a Legend Level 1
I'm a Legend Level 1

@yolo22

If your plan was originally a max plan it should still be that, hopefully a mod can look intot hat and get it sorted out for you.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 14
Former Moderator FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @yolo22!

Do you have a Max plan, or a grandfathered voice plan with a data add-on?

The policies regarding which voice plans with data add-ons qualify for a Max plan subsidy have changed, which may explain why your plan is no longer considered a Max plan.

Let me know!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 14
I'm a Legend Level 1
I'm a Legend Level 1

@FidoMaria so some grandfather voice + data addon plans might have a change in plan types.

What about grandfather plans with the data built in will those be afftected also?

Is the policy change posted anywhere online that I can see?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 14

Actually I think I might have a voice plan with data add on, but it has been considered a max plan for every previous upgrade. Can you check it for me?
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 14

I would also like to see some notification of the policy change!
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 14
Solution

Hey Guys!

The requirements for your plan to be considered under the Max plan category for an upgrade are subject to change without notice.

Since this requirement is an internal business rule, it's not something that is posted online.

If you have a separate voice plan and data plan, you need to have a combined monthly service fee of $70 for these two services in order for your plan to be considered a Max plan.

@yolo22 I'll send you a PM shortly so we can take a look in your account. Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 14
I'm a Participant Level 3 pmwchow
I'm a Participant Level 3

I do have a voice + data plan that is $70. Does that qualify for a +$35 plan?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 14
Former Moderator FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @pmwchow!

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. If you're looking to upgrade, a voice + data add-on would be considered a Plus10 plan. In order to get a Plus35 subsidy on the phone, you'd need to switch to a plan currently offered in that category.

Hope this helps. Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 14
I'm a Participant Level 3 pmwchow
I'm a Participant Level 3

Then, would I be able to convert my Plus10 Plan to a BYOP plan to reduce the monthly fee (i.e. are you still offering 10% off for BYOP)?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 14