Pictures

Pictures

Pictures

rebmir
I'm a Participant Level 1

Pictures

Hi There...

I can't seem to open up any pictures that are sent to me on the computer. I don't have data on my phone, but receive a message on my phone to say I have a picture. Normally, I would go to the computer log in and put in the message ID and a picture would appear.

I can't seem to do that anymore.

Thanks for any help you can provide me with.

Patricia

2 REPLIES 2
Cawtau
Senior MVP

@rebmir wrote:

Hi There...

I can't seem to open up any pictures that are sent to me on the computer. I don't have data on my phone, but receive a message on my phone to say I have a picture. Normally, I would go to the computer log in and put in the message ID and a picture would appear.

I can't seem to do that anymore.

Thanks for any help you can provide me with.

Patricia

***Edited to add labels***

Hello Patricia,

Welcome to the forums!

I'm not sure if I can help you with getting the picture on the computer.

I thought I'd try to clarify MMS data usage. @FidoMatt noted that you could receive the picture directly on your phone if you turned data on. You noted that you don't have data on your phone. Not to worry, the data used for MMS is counted differently than the data used to browse or use apps etc. You do not have to have a data plan to send/receive MMS, but you do need to have data turned on. If you are the sender, the data within the message will just count as one sent MMS. The receiver bears no charge, just like a regular SMS.

A note however, outside of Canada (ie roaming) both the sender and receiver will incur data roaming charges for MMS.

If you still wish to have the photo on your computer, I have found online cloud services like dropbox to be indispensable. When I have access to wifi, I'll place the items I wish to transfer into the cloud and then retrieve them from the cloud on my computer.  

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoMatt
Former Moderator

Hi Patricia, if you turn data to on on your phone you should be able to receive pictures directly on it. 

have you tried that? 

- Mathieu