Picture Messaging

Picture Messaging

Picture Messaging

SOLVED
macd1
I'm a Participant Level 1

Picture Messaging

I have unlimited picture/video messaging on my plan, but anytime I attempt to send an image it does not work. 

It wants me to turn my data on, but I have no data on my plan and whenever I turn it on in my settings, it automatically begins to check my email and use data, which I would have to pay exta for. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Picture Messaging

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

@macd1 wrote:

I have unlimited picture/video messaging on my plan, but anytime I attempt to send an image it does not work. 

It wants me to turn my data on, but I have no data on my plan and whenever I turn it on in my settings, it automatically begins to check my email and use data, which I would have to pay exta for. 

Hello Macd1,

Welcome to the community!

While data indeed needs to be turned on to send/receive MMS, you do not require a data plan. Before your phone uses any data for email, apps, web-browsing, etc, you should receive a text indicating charges for data. If you do not accept those charges, you shouldn't get charged and those apps won't be able to use data. However, you should still be able to send/receive MMS.

**edit** If you did have a data plan, any data within an MMS would not count against your allotted data. It would simply count as one of your allotted MMS**

As an additional measure, you might consider restricting mobile data on all of your other apps to prevent their trying to access data when you have your data setting turned on.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
Cawtau
Senior MVP

@macd1 wrote:

Hello Macd1,

Welcome to the community!

While data indeed needs to be turned on to send/receive MMS, you do not require a data plan. Before your phone uses any data for email, apps, web-browsing, etc, you should receive a text indicating charges for data. If you do not accept those charges, you shouldn't get charged and those apps won't be able to use data. However, you should still be able to send/receive MMS.

**edit** If you did have a data plan, any data within an MMS would not count against your allotted data. It would simply count as one of your allotted MMS**

As an additional measure, you might consider restricting mobile data on all of your other apps to prevent their trying to access data when you have your data setting turned on.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers