Picture Messaging Help

Picture Messaging Help

Picture Messaging Help

SOLVED
lol
I'm a Participant Level 1

Picture Messaging Help

So, I have unlimited text messaging and I was wondering if picture and video messaging is included in that?

I want to upload some photos from my phone (Xenon) to facebook and I just want to be sure that I won't be charged for that.

Accepted Solution

Re: Picture Messaging Help

Solved by Fido Employee Spy2300
Hello LOL,

Pictures messaging (MMS) is not included in the unlimited text messaging option that you have. You can always add picture messaging to your plan for $5 for 100.
Just note though....that what you are trying to do will actually charge you data NOT picture messaging charges.

Just a bit of a break down. If you take a picture on your phone = free
If you send that picture to a friend via text messaging = charged for MMS
If you choose to upload that picture to facebook = charged for data
View solution in context
5 REPLIES 5
Spy2300
Fido Employee

Hello LOL,

Pictures messaging (MMS) is not included in the unlimited text messaging option that you have. You can always add picture messaging to your plan for $5 for 100.
Just note though....that what you are trying to do will actually charge you data NOT picture messaging charges.

Just a bit of a break down. If you take a picture on your phone = free
If you send that picture to a friend via text messaging = charged for MMS
If you choose to upload that picture to facebook = charged for data

LalonLi

On the subject of MMS and picture....  I understand that you get dinged extra when you send them but what about if you receive text messages containing pictures.  Would it be the same charge of 50 cents per?

@LalonLi

Receiving messages, even MMS, is absolutely free.

I hope this helps!

sle

my plan said that my PICTURE or VIDEO MESSAGES is unlimited, but i dont have data. How can i send pictures or videos even when i dont have data?

FidoStephen
Community Manager

Hey sle and welcome to the Community!

Picture & video messaging does use data, but you don't need a data plan in order to send and receive them. Note that data needs to be enabled in your settings (and make sure Wi-Fi is off).

Let us know if you have any problems!