Phone upgrade

Phone upgrade

Phone upgrade

SOLVED
ayen08
I'm a Participant Level 3

Phone upgrade

Ive been in fido since 2003.. I never have a problem renewing my contract and i was always happy about my plans and my phone, they usually give me discounts. but lately i have tried to call but no one after more than 10 agents no one gave me what i want. I have an old plans everytime i renew it they always consider it as a max plan, but right now because i only have a $65 plan i couldnt avail it. 2 years ago i got a discounted plan of $55 instead of paying $65 plus my phone got the max subsidy.. Now they dont even want to give the discount of $10 anymore and i need to pay extra for the phone because am $5 short for max plan.
Now am thinking of moving to a different phone company.. I rather buy the phone and get a cheapest plan..
Sorry but i think fido should keep what they used to do to their loyal customers..

Accepted Solution

Re: Phone upgrade

Solved by Former Moderator FidoAmanda

Hey ayen08.

It's important to understand that upgrade requirements, such as minimum monthly plan cost in order to be eligible for a Max plan subsidy, and special offers, such as the $10 monthly credit that you've received on your plan in the past, are subject to change without notice. 

That said, we definitely don't want to see you go! 

I'll send you a PM shortly so we can look into your options.

View solution in context
13 REPLIES 13
DegasDog

Thank you to all that offered comments.  I've used the wrong terminology.  I'm not looking to upgrade my current phone, I want a new phone.  I'm willing to pay the "subsidized" cost for it from Fido, if I can keep my current plan that was originally created to suit my needs.

I like Fido but now I'm starting to shop around.  I only need 2 GB, but it is not being offered, I like their $5/day to a max of $50 roaming package, and their $0.01/minute US long distance package.

Lips_999

What can you do with your old phone after an upgrade and does Fido unlock it after you buy a new one?

Lips_999

I love my iPhone 5c and my service with Fido ,I bought my husbands phone with them and got my friend Lori Ann Brown to buy one also,she can't wait it should be delivered to her tomorrow,the only reason I'm upgrading is my contract is up in August so I might as well use my Fido Dollars towards the upgrade with the same plan,that's why I want to know if I can sell my old one?

We can unlock it for you Smiley There's a 50$ fee for the unlocking. 

You can also sell it or use our FidoTrade program: you'll get a bill credit depending on the condition of the phone. You can visit any Fido Store to have a quote for your iPhone 5c. 

Let me know if you have any other question Smiley 

Lips_999

So it can only be sold to someone else who has Fido?

Once the phone is unlocked it can be sold to anyone Smiley 

If you don't unlock the phone, then in that case, only a Fido customer will be able to use it. 

DegasDog

I paid to have my phone unlocked to come to Fido.  Does it stay unlocked or do I have to get it unlocked again.  

@DegasDog wrote:

I paid to have my phone unlocked to come to Fido.  Does it stay unlocked or do I have to get it unlocked again.  

Hello @DegasDog,

Once you unlock the phone it stays unlocked.

Lips_999

My phone is in excellent condition I even have all the packing box that came with it,the price for a used one is between $125.00 to $150.00

That's great! That should definitely help giving you the best value possible!

Make sure to visit a Fido store to benefit from the FidoTrade program!

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Hey ayen08.

It's important to understand that upgrade requirements, such as minimum monthly plan cost in order to be eligible for a Max plan subsidy, and special offers, such as the $10 monthly credit that you've received on your plan in the past, are subject to change without notice. 

That said, we definitely don't want to see you go! 

I'll send you a PM shortly so we can look into your options.

sttryffe
I'm a Participant Level 1

Is it possible to have someone look at my plan as I need a new phone (preferably an iPhone 6).

i spoke to someone in customer service....after thought about just buying out the remainder of my contract.

thanks for your time regarding this.

Hi sttryffe!

We can definitely look into that with you. I'll go ahead and send you a PM. 

For future reference, you can also reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter!

Cheers! Very_Happy