Phone upgrade

Phone upgrade

Phone upgrade

Tel_e
I'm a Participant Level 3

Phone upgrade

I upgraded my phone last Dec.15 in a store and i noticed that when i call my name doesn't show but instead it's one of my friends name in my contacts and some of my photos is missing as well . Is it because they didn't give me a new Sim card ? My telephone number is right but the one on my screen too is a different name name as well . How does it happen and why it's like that ?

3 REPLIES 3
FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @Tel_e & welcome to the Community! Smiley

Just to make sure that I understood correctly, pictures are missing from your new phone and when you call people it shows your friends name? Did your friend ever use your number at some point?

Tel_e
I'm a Participant Level 3

Yes , Maria . Some of my Pictures in my old phone is missing in my new phone now.. one time I let her use my phone to call her husband but her husband is in my contacts already and I dialled it for her . Is there a problem with that , Maria ?
FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Hi @Tel_e ! If she used your phone to call her husband once, it wouldn't have affected your device. 

When you call other people, they see your friends name but not yours? Is the phone under your name?