Phone upgrade with existing plan

Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 2 J-Walk
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Phone upgrade with existing plan

I'm aware that there has been a new term renewal structure. So I currently have a contract (not expired yet) with a limited time offer Smart Plan. Suppose my contract expired now, can I upgrade my phone with a new (Smart Plan) agreement AND keep my existing plan? And will I be under a Tab agreement from then on?

Accepted Solution

Re: Phone upgrade with existing plan

Hi J-Walk,

You can keep the smartplan as long as the device you want can be upgraded within smartplans. Phones such as the iPhone can only be purchased with a max plan. All new plans are for 24months/2years tab.

Click on the thumbs up image description of the photo to like a post or a fellow member of the community.

And don't forget to click Accept as Solution in the options drop-down menu once you've received the answer you were looking for; it'll help our community grow stronger.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

You can upgrade your phone and keep the same plan or upgrade your phone and go on a new plan. You cannot combine plans and also note that once you change your plan, you can never get the old plan back again

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 3
Former Moderator FidoAmandaH
Former Moderator
Solution

Hi J-Walk,

You can keep the smartplan as long as the device you want can be upgraded within smartplans. Phones such as the iPhone can only be purchased with a max plan. All new plans are for 24months/2years tab.

Click on the thumbs up image description of the photo to like a post or a fellow member of the community.

And don't forget to click Accept as Solution in the options drop-down menu once you've received the answer you were looking for; it'll help our community grow stronger.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 3