Phone shutting off all by it's self

SOLVED
db44
I'm a Participant Level 3

I have an Fido Acer Acer Liquid.phone and it's been shutting off all by it's self lately and it's been saying that the SD card has been removed, yet i don't touch the SD card

Accepted Solution

Re: Phone shutting off all by it's self

Solved by Former Moderator FidoJudhy
Hey db44!

Are you still experiencing the issue? I hope it is resolved.

Should it not be resolved yet, I would suggest that you try a factory reset. Make sure to backup all important data because you will lose all of the phone's content in the process. To proceed, you would need to go under Settings - Privacy - Factory data reset.

If this does not help, I would suggest that you go in store to have the phone sent in for repair if it is still under the warranty. The phone will be sent to Acer and a loaner phone would be given to you while yours is away.

To find the nearest store from you that offers this service, click on the following link and click on the check box that says Repair and loaner phone service:

http://www.fido.ca/storelocator

Let us know how it goes!
View solution in context
4 REPLIES 4
VIDAL
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hi I just got off the phone with Fido and they told me my 1 year manufacturer's warranty ended in December.  They advised me to take it to any store that fixes phone which is cheaper than buying a new phone.  

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Hey VIDAL!

If your phone is defective and is no longer covered by the manufacturer's warranty, you still have the option to bring it in to a Fido store and send it for repair.

The repair will not be free of charge since your device is no longer under warranty. 

A quote for the cost of the repair will be created by the repair center once they've assessed your phone and you can then decide whether to proceed with the repair.

The repair center will contact you to give you the quote and take the payment if you like to proceed with your repair. 

Hope this helps!

tccris
I'm a Contributor Level 2

are you in a dusty location?i had this problem with the sliding phones ...

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator

Hey db44!

Are you still experiencing the issue? I hope it is resolved.

Should it not be resolved yet, I would suggest that you try a factory reset. Make sure to backup all important data because you will lose all of the phone's content in the process. To proceed, you would need to go under Settings - Privacy - Factory data reset.

If this does not help, I would suggest that you go in store to have the phone sent in for repair if it is still under the warranty. The phone will be sent to Acer and a loaner phone would be given to you while yours is away.

To find the nearest store from you that offers this service, click on the following link and click on the check box that says Repair and loaner phone service:

http://www.fido.ca/storelocator

Let us know how it goes!