Phone reservation taking way too long.

dat60
I'm a Participant Level 1

Is anyone else experiancing this? I reserved my iPhone 5 more than a week ago. Fido said they would send me a weekly email, but in my inbox I see nothing. My status has been 'in progress' for about 3-4 days now. I called my fido store and they said they were sold out of the iPhone 5 that I wanted. How come they had the iPhone 5 I wanted, but none of those were reserved for me?

40 REPLIES 40
Trevor_
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Mine is still "IN PROGRESS" since last friday, yet the main site said over 11,000 customers have gotten their shipment orders. Any other theories? 😕

yolo24
I'm a Participant Level 3

how come mostly everybody is getting their phone within 2 weeks mark? its been 15 days now, and my status is still open...
DDKM

was in IN PROGRESS since friday, but just got a text a minute ago and its shipped!! 

Mavs
I'm a Participant Level 2

what does it show as your current status now?
DDKM

It changed to 'SHIPPED' with a little link i can click on to track the package on UPS Smiley

nick67
I'm Qualified Level 3

A little patience goes a long way :smileyhappy:. Plus, if you don't get it within 14 days of your reservation, Fido credits your account $50. Either way, the consumer wins here.

tonytsai80

Do they actually credit your account $50? I ordered mine since September 20th.. and the status is showing "in progress"; however, I didn't receive any credits from them.
imafidocustomer

Ordered mine 2 weeks ago today.....started at 4,652 now at 4,231 -___________________- extremely annoyed

777kristaa

I just did the online chat thing with a Fido representative and they said that they heard that iPhone shipments have been slowing down and that's all he knew. I reserved my phone September 30 and am now in position 367 for the white 32 gb iphone and have been in this position for the last week and a half.

fgbgb

the credit isn't worth the snails pace, I've waited over a month and I've jumped less than 1800 places in line, sure I'm going to get the 50$ credit for 14 days and the other 50$ for 28 days but I haven't even reached halfway point in line yet. 5000 in line to 3200 in line in just over a month so yes Im going to get 100$ in credit but at the cost of waiting what another 2 months? this is  absurd and extremely frustrating, Rogers is getting priority over fido in there iphone shipments. I don't feel like a customer who has "won" anything, I just entered university and I really need to rely on a smart phone at this time for many of my classes. At this rate I'm going to get christmas presents before the iphone 5 ships to me.

MountainMan261

I've been sitting at 270 in line for about a week solid now, really starting to believe that Fido prioritizes customers who haven't been awarded their credit bonuses... so close but yet so far.
aaimee

You get 50 dollars ever 14 days? I don't get it. I'm phoning Fido tomorrow to COMPLAIN!!!!!!!! 

Because my number moved 20 in like a week .. why? Because I'm already gettting the 50 dollars. That's really pathetic.

LucidEvening
I'm Qualified Level 1

@aaimee wrote:

You get 50 dollars ever 14 days? I don't get it. I'm phoning Fido tomorrow to COMPLAIN!!!!!!!! 

Because my number moved 20 in like a week .. why? Because I'm already gettting the 50 dollars. That's really pathetic.

Fido usually get shipments on the weekend. You don't move much during the week. The small jumps you make during the week are the people cancelling their reservation. Luckily for me, I get another $50 credit as of tomorrow. Therefore, I will get $100 worth of credits.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
iPhone 5 - White 16 GB
saintlycricket

Mines been in progress since Sunday at some point. 5 days (including sunday) later its still in progress. The 14 day mark comes up for me tomorrow , so i'm actually hoping they drag their feet a bit and i can just pick it up on the weekend Tongue > dont really have time to dart out during work today/tomorrow anyway so might as well get paid for it.

172 dollar iphone

- 103 Fido Dollars

- 50 Fido late credits 

= 20 dollar iphone 5  and a happy arse customer.

forget the 50$

CoryBobbyOrr

I have not received the weekly email either. They told me that "in progress" meant they were updating there systems but I dont belive that. I think our phones are probably shipped but not at the stores yet. I would like mine soon because two of my buddy's that are with Telus already have there Iphone 5's and there starting to rib me !! 

a2p

there's obviously a backup. also consider people working at fido giving it to family and friends first, reservation system is for suckers. lol 

good luck

FidoStephen
Community Manager

Actually employees are not able to get it until further notice so that as many customers as possible can get their hands on it Wink

Shmaelo

If employees aren't allowed to have the phone, I'd like to know how I moved from 1192 in line down to 1108, then BACK to 1185, then down to 802, and now back up AGAIN to over 900. My position in line should NOT be going UP!

Why are people being put ahead of me in queue? After 9 years with Fido I've been through so much HASSLE trying to renew my contract/obtain a phone that I'm thinking of going to Wireless Wave and switching to Rogers.

lololol2223

rogers is the same company as fido and more expensive. You would be doing them a favour