Phone replacement

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

Phone replacement

Fido has started harassing their customer in new fashion. I have been Fido customer since last 2 years almost. I have Samsung Galaxy s6 edge which is getting overheated a lot since last couple of days, I have protection plan for my device. I simply called my insurance company on Sunday 12th June and told them about this scenario. Its been obvious that overheating can harm any body at any time. rather then giving this a priority, my request got not even recorded into first attempt by their technical difficulties, I called again on next day Monday to inquire about my request. they told, there is no request. I asked them what about your call records, you normally say "This call is being recorded" , Surprisingly there is no call record with them. So technically, I wasted my 1 hr. I again described my problem to new guy on Monday, instead of reacting to instantly, they told me to wait till 24-48 hrs for verification process. I told, do you take guarantee if anything will happen in this time period, They don't have an answer. Now after two days on Wed,

Some one called from US CEO team and came up with new idea. They can not ship me new device, I have to go and buy new device by my own money which they are going to refund in 10 business Days. So technically I am blocking my Cash for almost 20 days. I wanted to resolve my problem and avoid any harm to myself. I agreed to this terms. Now One more condition of top of that, I have to go and buy the same kind of Device from the Fido Store, which is Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge 32 GB.

I have been visited more then 5 stores now, wasted 3 more days of mine. Fido store people says, they don't have this device in stock due to company discontinued this device. I asked them to buy whatever device is available which was S7 at this point. They rudely said me no. What the hell!

I am here following your terms and wasting my time for more then a week. You should care about the customer instead of you are making them harassed.

I am done with Fido.

Now I am not going to search any more location for this device. Any Harm will happen to me or my family from that, Fido will be responsible for all this.

I hope some one might have a courage to listen and read this.

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Re: Phone replacement

Hey @mailtobinal,

The information provided by KAPABLE-K is accurate.

You can check out all our store locations and their contact info right here: http://fido.ly/1PLcYx5

You can contact them over the phone to find out about the availability of the phone.

If there is none left in stock anywhere, make sure to contact Asurion and let them know. The Device Protection plan includes like-for-like or comparable replacements. 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 12
Highlighted

@mailtobinal Sorry to hear about all your troubles but this is not harrasment and its definetly not any fault of Fido. The issues you are having is with the insurance company. That being said did you try to do a factory reset and see if it helps? 

Also you can call ahead to the Fido stores to make sure they have the phone.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 12
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @mailtobinal & welcome to the Community!

I'm sad to read of your experience. Sad Just to clarify, did you speak with someone at Fido, or did this happen with Asurion?

Also, in regards to your phone, what exactly is happening? Has it acted in a way that leads you to believe that it is a danger, and if so, how?

Thanks for the clarifications!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 12
Highlighted
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Mailtobindal,

Welcome to the community!

Have you considered other reasons your phone might be overheating other than a defective phone? If you google 'phone overheating', it'll come up with pages of results. It's a fairly common problem.

One of the more common reasons phones overheat are rogue apps. Many apps are designed to always run in the background. Normally, background apps do not usually cause problems. However, occasionally some of those apps can get 'stuck' drawing excessively on resources such as CPU, Wifi, bluetooth, mobile internet, etc. If those apps are allowed to run in this way, things can heat up. To prevent apps from going rogue, you could try apps such as Greenify. It allows you to identify and hibernate apps which might be the culprits.

Additionally, even some normally running apps using can also cause phones to get hot. I can always tell when I have inadvertently left Google Maps running and my GPS turned on. 

Of course there are other possible reasons cell phones can feel hot. Here's a nice article which might help your situation.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

***edited title***

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 12
Highlighted

Hi 

Thanks for your justification instead of trying to resolve this issue. 

First of all, I am not attached to insurance company directly, I am with Fido and your customer. I took protection plans with Fido not insurance company directly by myself. Why you are keeping your hands away when your insurance company is creating an issue?

They asked me to purchase a new phone from my own pocket, which even i got agreed. but is that my mistake if that is not available in your fido stores or any other stores because company has discountinued that phone. 

You should simply tell me which store has that available and send me the new phone or send me whatever is available similar to that. 

Is it so hard to do it? Please talk to your partner and resolve this issue. 

Thanks

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 12
Highlighted

@mailtobinal

Fido customer do not know the stock level at individual stores because its too much to keep track and most of the stores are individually owned and operated.

While I get what you are saying that you got the insurance through Fido you think its Fido's responsibility to get it resolved. Fido is just a way and means for the insurance company to bill you, the agreement for the insurance is directly between you and the insurance company and you would have gotten paperwork from the insurance company explaining the policy and procedure when you got the insurance.

If Fido discontinued the phone what do you want them to do? You have to let the insurance company know that Fido no longer carries the phone and they have to provide you with an alternative either giving you a diffrent phone of your choice or a cash payment towards the purcahse of a replacement phone (I'm not saying that is what they typically do its just my thoughts).

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 12
Highlighted
Solution

Hey @mailtobinal,

The information provided by KAPABLE-K is accurate.

You can check out all our store locations and their contact info right here: http://fido.ly/1PLcYx5

You can contact them over the phone to find out about the availability of the phone.

If there is none left in stock anywhere, make sure to contact Asurion and let them know. The Device Protection plan includes like-for-like or comparable replacements. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 12
Highlighted

Samething started with me today as I was using the same device Galaxy s6 edge nobody has it in stock i tried everywhere so can you tell me what you did next what to say to asurion
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 12
Highlighted

@KAPABLE-K

I'm sorry, do you work for FIDO? cause you seem to be defending the company at every turn!

While I do understand the FIDO - Customer - Insurance company relationship, I must say that FIDO should make a call on behalf of their client to ensure this matter is rectified. From my prospective, I only took the insurance on my phone because of my relationship with FIDO and trusting that they wouldn't recommend a coverage that will jeopardize my relationship with them.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 12
Highlighted

@semihab wrote:

@KAPABLE-K

I'm sorry, do you work for FIDO? cause you seem to be defending the company at every turn!

@semihab No I do not work for Fido. You are making that statement based on what? 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 12