Phone repair with Fido store...

Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Phone repair with Fido store...

I need some enlightment on this issue I have with my recent Nexus 4 purchase through a Fido Store...

Long story short, I left my new Nexus 4 with a Fido Store rep... which he says he sent the phone to a LG rep to have it repaired. It's been a month and no news. I contacted the Fido Store multiple times and they are no help; the rep says "just wait". I spoke to the store manager and she says to deal with the rep that took care of it.

The store manager even said that the Fido rep did not follow standard procedure so the phone is not in their system (611 rep don't even see it in their system). She can't do anything but tell me to deal with the rep or call LG. I called LG Canada, ATNE, Cellulab and Google with no help...

LG Canada says they don't service the phone but sends it to their service centers (four in Canada); no info in their system.

ATNE, a service center in Mississauga, doesn't have anything in their system regarding my phone.

Cellulab, a service center in Montreal, I can't call them, their number says they cannot receive any calls.

Google says they don't service any phones but send out exchange replacement under warranty only; and this for phone bought through Google Play only. They also COMFIRMED that they do replace (free of charge) phones that has similar issues as my phone; the back glass cracking around the speaker.

611 told me to go to the store and look at the issue with the manager and rep and contact 611 for fraud issues.

I was never offered a replacement phone while my phone is in repair... I had my new phone 5 days only and now it's been a month without it. I feel I haven't been offered proper service; since I had to call everywhere and make my own investigation. They're even declining me to cancel the purchase and return the phone (mind you the phone is technically in their property ever since)!

Is this a lost case? who else can I contact at Fido to have this resolved?

Should I get the news involved to get some attention here?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 15
Highlighted

Re: Phone repair with Fido store...

Still no updates from anyone yet...!
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 15
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey AlexT514!

Did you reach out to Samantha for an update?

The reason I am telling you that I'm leaving this into her hands is to ensure that we're not doing the work three times.

I'm sorry for the troubles Sad

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 15
Highlighted

Well the matter was taken care by Marilou, then Samantha, then fraud, then Samantha again...

She just emailed me; apparently the LG rep has the phone now and will be dropping it off Saturday...

I've been waiting for almost two months and he can't drop it off before Saturday?

I hope this is true because I've been told the LG guy does not work on weekend.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 15
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

I'm really sorry for the delay and will be crossing my fingers for you Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 14 of 15
Highlighted

Finally, I didn't get my Nexus 4 back... but got a refurbished one back.

and it always got to have something unpleasant there.!

I'm never returning to this Fido Store Carrefour Laval anymore!

From the lost girl that was serving me ripping the screen protector off the phone to a store manager that tells me that I should've bought the phone from Google and then threathens that she can give me the broken phone back....

I had enough with this store!

I had a reservation for a Samsung Galaxy S4, was 5th in line for the past weeks and will be cancelling this reservation to get it elsewhere.

Anything to avoid this Corporate Fido Store!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 15 of 15