Phone prices on large plan

SOLVED
ggo
I'm a Contributor Level 1
I'm a Contributor Level 1

In the last few days, many phones that were $0-$199 on a Large plan have suddely started being offered for $200-$400 more. These are older phones such as the g6, the V30....both of which will be upgraded in the near future. Is this a shift to putting people on higher priced Extra Large Plans? I don't see how a phone can go from being $0 to $399 on the same plan.

Accepted Solution

Re: Phone prices on large plan

Solved by Moderator

Hey @ggo,

I understand your surprise with the price changes. It is not uncommon for our prices, promos and services to change quite often. We sometimes have limited time pricing as part of various promos which come to an end and other times, the price on one of our products simply changes.

We suggest to keep an eye on Fido.ca to make sure you don't miss on any of the promos Smiley

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
cj_court
Fido Employee

Crazy as it sounds, prices on devices can change on an almost daily basis! If you need help with pricing or have inquiries about certain pricing you can always contact customer care by dialing *611 from your Fido phone or 1-888-481-3436 and one of the customer care agents would be happy to discuss pricing and promotions with you and then of course you can always watch for promotions on Fido.ca as well. 

EFTC
I'm Qualified Level 1

Unfortunely the phone prices do go up and down all the time.  I won't be able to tell you whether it is Fido's control or the manufacturer's (e.g., samsung) doing.  The best thing to do is check the website daily for sudden drop in prices and pull the trigger when that happens.  

If you are looking at apple phones, however, prices generally do not change as they are tightly controlled by Apple.  If you want to score a discount, they do go on sale from time to time (Black Friday, Boxing day).

FidoClaudia

Hey @ggo,

I understand your surprise with the price changes. It is not uncommon for our prices, promos and services to change quite often. We sometimes have limited time pricing as part of various promos which come to an end and other times, the price on one of our products simply changes.

We suggest to keep an eye on Fido.ca to make sure you don't miss on any of the promos Smiley