Phone plan

Phone plan

Phone plan

SOLVED
roka
I'm a Participant Level 3

Phone plan

Good morning,

I've just received some offers from another provider, I'm not going to post all of it's info to strangers over the Internet, but I will post a censored version of it so I won't seem like I'm lying in order to get a better deal. (***Edit: had to remove screenshot***)

I've been with Fido about three years now, with the same plan, $39 a month with a 400MB limit. ($100 seeing how I tend to go over my limit) I've liked Fido. I don't want to leave, but I'm not going to stay if I can pay less than what I am already paying for and get quadruple the data. 

I want to know either Fido can match this, or give me a better deal, otherwise I'm afraid I will have to leave.

Thank you,

Jimmy B.

Accepted Solution

Re: Phone plan

Solved by MVP MVP

I only ask because the top of the screenshot you posted reads offer exclusive pour les employè(e)s de which translate to  exclusive offer for the employee (s) of.

Either way Fido do not have to match an offer you get from another carrier but i'm sure they have other options they can look into for you.

View solution in context
5 REPLIES 5
roka

Welp,

No agents available, no representatives answering live chat, I'll just leave this here and check back in a few days or so.

Just let me know when I can go switch to Rogers for the next ten years.

KAPABLE-K
MVP

Is that an employee offer? Alot of employers have special relationship or negotiate with carriers in order to get a special rate for the employees of the company.  That said carrier will make a special plan for that company because they will potentially get a volume of contracts or the company is giving them some sort of kick back.

You can not expect Fido to match a deal you are getting as an employee of a company that is able to get you a special deal with a certain carrier. Now its up to Fido if they have the flexibility to get you something close to it but thats at Fido's discretion. 

roka

It is not an an employee offer; it's them offering us their gratitude. Our corporate phones are done on a whole other level, so, yes, I can expect them to match this deal.

@roka wrote:

... it's them offering us their gratitude... I can expect them to match this deal.

Hello Roka,

An offer of gratitude implies something was done to merit gratitude. Has your company done anything for Fido deserving of gratitude from them? Even if it isn't employee pricing, it's special pricing extended to a specific select group of people based on some sort of merit. I don't think it's very reasonable to expect other companies to extend the same courtesy.

Cheers

I only ask because the top of the screenshot you posted reads offer exclusive pour les employè(e)s de which translate to  exclusive offer for the employee (s) of.

Either way Fido do not have to match an offer you get from another carrier but i'm sure they have other options they can look into for you.