Phone number is not assigned

SOLVED
galka
I'm a Participant Level 2

I did upgrade of my IPhone 6S into 10.1 and I can't reach my contacts and they can't reach me, only SMS work. I get the message that my phone number is not assigned! Help pls!

Accepted Solution

Re: Phone number is not assigned

Solved by Moderator

Thanks!

Can you also let me know the following:

1.How many signal bars do you have at the moment?

2.Is the" Carrier" option available in your Settings?

3.Can you switch to 3G instead and test it again and let me know what happens? (Settings - Cellular - Cellular data options - Enable LTE - Check "Off")

4.If Step 3 didn't work, can you also do a Reset of the Network Settings, then try again and let me know what happens? ( Settings - General - Reset - Reset Network Settings)

Thanks!

View solution in context
5 REPLIES 5
FidoClaudia

Hey @galka,

Welcome to our Community, we're here to help! Smiley

To start off, can you let me know how many signal bars you have at the moment?

If any, can you let me know if you're connected to 3G or LTE?

Also, are you sending and receiving regular text messages or rather iMessages? (are the message bubbles blue or green?)

Let me know and we'll take it from there!

galka

Hi Claudia, I have LTE. I can send and receive green msgs, when I dial my contacts number I here "this number is not assigned to your contacts", when they call me back - it is the same or my number is busy

Thanks!

Can you also let me know the following:

1.How many signal bars do you have at the moment?

2.Is the" Carrier" option available in your Settings?

3.Can you switch to 3G instead and test it again and let me know what happens? (Settings - Cellular - Cellular data options - Enable LTE - Check "Off")

4.If Step 3 didn't work, can you also do a Reset of the Network Settings, then try again and let me know what happens? ( Settings - General - Reset - Reset Network Settings)

Thanks!

galka

It works now, thanks a lot!

Awesome! Very_Happy