Phone number change online

SOLVED
mskrsic
I'm a Participant Level 1

HELP,

Im trying to change my phone number through my account online. Ive located the proper link and Im getting an error message. Not avaliable at the moment by Fido is working on this. Im directed to call 611 on my phone.

The problem with this is I obviously dont want to pay a $35 fee for a phone number change, esp when my contract is up in less than 3 months. How can this be sorted out? Job change requires a new local number.

Thanks

***Edited to add labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: Phone number change online

Solved by Former Moderator FidoCatherine

Hi there @bhavuk1982

To access to all of your  Fido account options, you have to make sure you're logged in as the Account Holder.

If you're using your "Mobile Number" to log-in, you may also want to consider registering your Account through your email instead. (By clicking on Log-In/Registration & then clicking "New To Fido?" and filling out the required fields)

- Once you're logged in, click on "Services - Mobile" in the top menu. 

- On the right of the mobile number you wish to change (available in the drop-down you'll list) you'll see a button that says "Change My Number". This is where you're able to change the number yourself. 

Let me know if this helped 😃

View solution in context
12 REPLIES 12
bhavuk1982

Can you help me, i am unable to see any option to change my mobile no. in My Account

Hi there @bhavuk1982

To access to all of your  Fido account options, you have to make sure you're logged in as the Account Holder.

If you're using your "Mobile Number" to log-in, you may also want to consider registering your Account through your email instead. (By clicking on Log-In/Registration & then clicking "New To Fido?" and filling out the required fields)

- Once you're logged in, click on "Services - Mobile" in the top menu. 

- On the right of the mobile number you wish to change (available in the drop-down you'll list) you'll see a button that says "Change My Number". This is where you're able to change the number yourself. 

Let me know if this helped 😃

Darecki
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hi the service still not active.

Hey @Darecki

You're not able to change your number online? 

Darecki
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hi Ranya.

Yes that's correct i can't? Can you help me?

For sure, I'll send you a PM right away  @Darecki .

Chriscook84

I haven't been successful at finding the link to change my phone number
oggieisadoggie
I'm a Participant Level 3

oh....WAIT!!  After login the link IS there except....... EVERYONE NOW FINDS THAT you must speak to a service rep to get it done. Note: this has been going on for months now, yes, since at least N.O.V.E.M.B.E.R. My opinion to a CSR was "I don't want to speak to YOU and I DO WANT TO be able to look over the many other choices of numbers which WERE available for self-service." It's like I said next "I don't want you rattling off numbers that you see as available, I want to look over the thousands that are and click change and be on my way...."

Hey Chriscook84!

Welcome to the Community!

It's been temporarily removed from My Account. In this case, I can help you change your number. Smiley

I'll send you a PM shortly.

FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Hey mskrsic, 

Welcome to the Community Smiley 

Some self-serve options are not currently available on Fido.ca. 

I'll be more than happy to help you change your number at no cost, I'll send you a PM here on the Community to make the change.

If you prefer, you can also reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter.

oxana1

Please assisst me with changing my phone number online. I dont want to pay an extra $35 . Thank you . 

Hey oxana1 and welcome to the Community Smiley

I can help you with that.

I'm sending you a PM to get this looked into.