Phone goes direct to Voicemail

lilifersen
I'm a Participant Level 3

My new LG G3 does not ring. It goes directly to voicemail when someone calls.

Please help.

15 REPLIES 15
suntame
I'm a Participant Level 2

Yes! We seem to be getting calls from everyone else. And the 2 people we know with magic Jacks have no problem with any other outgoing calls. But both go straight to voice mail when calling us.

Thanks for confirming!

Do you know if the person calling you hears the phone ring before it goes to voicemail? And do you also know which model of the Wireless Home Phone you have?

suntame

Yes, the other person hears about 4 rings before it goes to voicemail.  I have a ZTE model WF720.

Thanks again for the extra details. Smiley

I'm going to go ahead and send you a private message. I'll need to take a look into your account.

Talk to you soon!

curious

While you are at it can you look at my account too. I'm having the exact same issue but the caller is calling from a Bell landline. I also have a WF720.

thanks.

Hi curious!

I'll go ahead and send you a PM.

Talk to you soon. Smiley

lilifersen

They hear the voice mail.

I know about the exchage, do you think I should? If so, that sucks because I paid for a screen protector

Going in store in definitely one of your options. The rep may be able to test the SIM for you before exchanging the device. 

suntame

has a solution been found to this?  I have Fido home phone, and also do not get calls placed from a Magic Jack.  It goes straight to voicemail.  Was on the phone with Fido support for over an hour last week, but he could not solve. 

Hi suntame!

Does this only happen with calls placed from a Magic Jack?

Let me know. Smiley

FidoRachel
Former Moderator

Hi there lilifersen,

When did it start? Do you have another phone in which you could test your SIM? 

Let us know! 

lilifersen

I have no other phone to check my card.

With trial and error, I realize that my cell seems to go on voicemail only with my home phone number, which is a Majic Jack. 

I never had this problem with my other cell carrier, so could it be possible that Fido does not recongnize Majic Jack ?

We have no known issue such as this one. 

So you can receive calls from every other phone? Does it vary depending on where you are when receiving the call? 

- Mathieu

lilifersen

Yes, I can receive every other call, but nothing from the Magic Jack. The location does not change anything.

What can I do ? I am still on my 14 days warranty and I am not using my phone, just in case. It seems like only a conflict of so sort. Would Fido's technical team be able to help ?

Hi lilifersen,

What does the person calling from the magic jack hear when they call you?

To return or exchange a device, you must be within 14 days of purchase with no more tha n 30 minutes of talk time.