Phone died after warranty, before contract expiration. Would a Fido store help me?

Phone died after warranty, before contract expiration. Would a Fido store help me?

SOLVED
Tree_Fingers
I'm a Participant Level 1

So my LG G3 is toast through no fault of my own; my warranty is expired but my phone is not paid off for another few months. I know Fido has no obligation to do anything, but I am wondering if anyone has any experience or knowledge that if I went to talk to a Fido store would they help me or pull any strings at all?  For example, wave the rest of my device debt, give me a replacement phone, give me a discount on a new phone???  I know Im reaching lol. 

Thanks. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Phone died after warranty, before contract expiration. Would a Fido store help me?

Solved by Former Moderator FidoCatherine

Hi there @Tree_Fingers

Although you may not be covered by the 1-year warranty any more, you could still look into the option of sending it out for repair. The Repair Center can advise you on the potential repair fees, before proceeding. Some Fido Stores can also offer you a Loaner Phone Service in the meantime ($50 deposit required.)

If a customer wish to go ahead with an early phone upgrade, there is a buy-out fee billed for the remaining months left. This is directly related to the phone subsidy you received, as well as the number of months left in the contract. 

I hope this was helpful in some way Smiley Let me know if you have any questions!

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
FidoCatherine
Former Moderator

Hi there @Tree_Fingers

Although you may not be covered by the 1-year warranty any more, you could still look into the option of sending it out for repair. The Repair Center can advise you on the potential repair fees, before proceeding. Some Fido Stores can also offer you a Loaner Phone Service in the meantime ($50 deposit required.)

If a customer wish to go ahead with an early phone upgrade, there is a buy-out fee billed for the remaining months left. This is directly related to the phone subsidy you received, as well as the number of months left in the contract. 

I hope this was helpful in some way Smiley Let me know if you have any questions!