Phone Upgrade with Existing Plan?

I'm a Participant Level 1 Abc12312
I'm a Participant Level 1

Phone Upgrade with Existing Plan?

I have been with fido for 10 years now, but seems like they are pushing away loyal customers by forcing them to change plans with a phone upgrade as there isn't a option to keep the existing plan. 

I was looking forward to upgrading into a better phone, but fido no longer allows me to keep my small plan. If that's the case, fido is just giving up on loyalty customers.

Accepted Solution

Re: Phone Upgrade with Existing Plan?

Hey @nick67

Thanks for your contribution and update. you rock!🙂

We've checked on our end as well and we can confirm that this issue has been resolved to all impacted customers

If that is not the case we invite you to reach out to us here

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 6

Hey @Abc12312

Welcome to the community Smiley 

Thank you for your loyalty! We appreciate your continued business! 

We offer different price plans that provide you different subsidies on a phone. 

With an agreement you get a discount on the price of the phone but you pay a bit more on the monthly plan. Basically paying a bit more is what allows you to get phones starting at $0.

We have different pricing available depending on whether you get a Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large or XXL plan. 

I'll be sending you a PM so we can look into your account and see what are the options for your account. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 6
I'm Qualified Level 3
I'm Qualified Level 3

You can absolutely upgrade to a new device online and keep your existing plan. See the screenshot below...once you have selected the new phone you wish, click on the "Keep existing plan" tab to see the price you'd pay with your current monthly plan. Hope this helps Smiley

Fido-LG-G7-Upgrade.png

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 6
I'm Qualified Level 3
I'm Qualified Level 3

Currently, only “Pick a new plan” option is available online. If you wish to keep your existing plan when upgrading, you need to call phone channel or visit a retail location.

I hope the Fido technical team restores the Keep existing plan option soon! I want to do a hardware upgrade in the near future. See screenshot below where "Keep existing plan" option is missing.

F7B9B4BE-F6BA-4BC3-8E96-E80095CCF45C.png

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 6
I'm Qualified Level 3
I'm Qualified Level 3

Update: I cleared my cookies on Firefox again and the "Keep my existing plan" option reappeared! Yay!

Strange thing is if I login to My Account of my iPhone's Safari, it still only shows "Pick a new plan" option. I'm not sure what's happening...but as long as one platform lets me upgrade my device online, Nick is happy lol!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Solution

Hey @nick67

Thanks for your contribution and update. you rock!🙂

We've checked on our end as well and we can confirm that this issue has been resolved to all impacted customers

If that is not the case we invite you to reach out to us here

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 6