Phone Upgrade Online + FidoTrade

SOLVED
nick67
I'm Qualified Level 3

Hello Fido community,

Hypothetic situation: I want to upgrade to a new device online to save the $25 transaction fee AND trade in my old Fido phone with FidoTrade for credit. How would I go about doing this?

FidoTrade is only available INSTORE and saving the $25 transaction fee is only offered ONLINE at fido.ca? To get credit for your old device through FidoTrade, I must perform an device upgrade. By using FidoTrade, you must go in-store to perform the new device upgrade in order satisfy the about conditions and thus I must then pay the $25 transaction. So, how do I trade in my old device and at the same time avoid the $25 transaction fee.

Thanks in advance!

***Edited to add labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: Phone Upgrade Online + FidoTrade

Solved by Former Moderator FidoMaria

Hi @nick67. Smiley

Since FidoTRADE is only offered in stores and the transaction fee can only be waived online, it's unfortunately not possible to benefit from both.

Hope this helps!

View solution in context
6 REPLIES 6
FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @nick67. Smiley

Since FidoTRADE is only offered in stores and the transaction fee can only be waived online, it's unfortunately not possible to benefit from both.

Hope this helps!

kesbrier
I'm a Participant Level 1

When did the transaction fee go from $15 to $25?

DegasDog
I'm a Participant Level 3

I loved Fido when I moved to them from Bell 2 years ago but I'm getting a bit disappointed as they are starting to act just like the other providers.  I believe in profits, they are required to survive as a company, however, after 45 years in business, as your customer base and volumes increase, costs decrease.  They decrease even further with the improvements in technology.

Hi @kesbrier!

Welcome to the Community! 

The increase happened on August 15th 2017. Click here for details about our administrative charges.

The transaction fee covers the processing of your service request. The price increase supports reliability and continuous improvement  in our service. This includes the fast LTE speeds and growing our network coverage.

Let us know if you have any question. 

Scooby-Doo
I'm Qualified Level 1

Hi here is 2 ideas If you trade your phone .. let's say you get $50 from Fido but hey it's tide to an upgrade and a plan ..for 2 years. So unless your phone is really recent brand and you "need" a plan upgrade sale it yourself by alternative kijiji etc and get the transaction fee waved $25. online. 2nd option is to ask your store then "before finalizing upgrade" to either credit transaction fee themself while "they" updating online..if they say no ask if.you can complete the activation yourself on the spot (bring an internet connected device extra) unless specified that both promotions are not working together you should get your credit. Cheers!

Hey @Scooby-Doo,

Thanks for sharing this on the Community Smiley

I would simply like to clarify one small thing: in order to benefit from Fido Trade, the handset upgrade would need to be processed through the store itself. If the order is processed through Fido.ca while in store, Fido Trade would not be eligible. Also, the $25 fee is only waived when the order is placed online on Fido.ca.

As Maria mentioned, Since FidoTRADE is only offered in stores and the transaction fee can only be waived online, it's not possible to benefit from both.