Phone Upgrade Back Ordered, Let me Pick-Up Device in store instead

SOLVED
jhizz
I'm a Participant Level 1

I recently did a hardware upgarde over the phone but the employee I spoke to ignorantly did not give me the option to have my phone picked up in store. 

I have received an email confirmation regarding the changes on my account on November 24th, 2017 but have yet to recieve any form of email containing a tracking number nor a confrimation of my phone being shipped. It is now November 29th 2017. 

I called fido support today and have now learned that the phone I chose to upgrade to, the iPhone 7 Plus 128gb Jet Black, model has now been backordered which is preposterous since the person I first spoke to over the phone had said the model I wanted was in stock. I was told by the person I spoke to recently that I may have to wait 2-3 weeks for the phone to be shipped. 

Can someone please PM me or let me know who I can PM to cancel the shipment so that I can go and pick up the phone in store instead?

Accepted Solution

Re: Phone Upgrade Back Ordered, Let me Pick-Up Device in store instead

Solved by Moderator

Hey @jhizz

Our Black Friday deals were extremely popular, and we're doing our absolute best to get a device into the hands of every customer that ordered one! As soon as your device is ready to ship, a tracking number will be sent.

The good thing about doing the upgrade through us is that Black Friday pricing will be honoured, even if the phone takes some time to ship. If we cancel the order and you go in store, the current pricing will apply.

I see you've sent us a PM as well, I'll get back to you over there so we can look into the details. Smiley

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
FidoNick

Hey @jhizz

Our Black Friday deals were extremely popular, and we're doing our absolute best to get a device into the hands of every customer that ordered one! As soon as your device is ready to ship, a tracking number will be sent.

The good thing about doing the upgrade through us is that Black Friday pricing will be honoured, even if the phone takes some time to ship. If we cancel the order and you go in store, the current pricing will apply.

I see you've sent us a PM as well, I'll get back to you over there so we can look into the details. Smiley