Petition to bring BlackBerry 10 on Fido

I'm a Participant Level 2 tanvirhoss
I'm a Participant Level 2

Petition to bring BlackBerry 10 on Fido

I know its not a decision that Fido management is capable of making on their own. But I'd like to start a thread with how many user's actually want BB10 to be on Fido. I for one am eagerly waiting for it and would make me more satisfied being a Fido customer.

Accepted Solution

Re: Petition to bring BlackBerry 10 on Fido

Hey everyone!

Good news!

Fido will be carrying the BB10 device! You may reserve yours online today.

We have no further information at this time regarding the pricing and release date, but you can find out how to reserve your device here:

http://www.fido.ca/web/content/phonewarranty/fido_rsv_system

More information on the device itself can be found here:

http://global.blackberry.com/blackberry-10.html
View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 20
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

Definitely.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 20
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

Hi, I don't think a petition is required to bring BB10 to Fido. RIM and Rogers are very strong partners in the communication industry and Fido, being part of Rogers, would hopefully be on the list to bring BB10 to us. Fido customers got the option of the new iphones, so it only stands to reason that the new BB10 would be an offering as well. Having said that, I am eagerly waiting to get my hands on a BB10 when they come available. So much so, that if it wasn't available on Fido, I would be willing to give up my 9 years of Fido to move to a different carrier to get one.  :catvery-happy:

If you liked my answer or I solved your problem please click like or solved.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 20
I'm a Participant Level 2 brandon123

Me my wife...the rest of the family(from all over canada) and all my friends want the blackberry 10 and we are all on fido. if they do not carry it we are all switching to rogers. Actually if we don't hear anything from Fido this week we are all going to switch to rogers. you can reserve your bb10 on rogers website here http://www.rogers.com/web/content/os-blackberry?cm_sp=homepage-pre-_-bb10-soon-en-1212-_-slot2

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 20

We are all doing the same. we (my entire list of friends and family from all over Canada) all use blackberrys  and communicate through BBM but are tired of the small screen which is horrible for internest browsing and games etc. we will not switch to iphone so if they don't give news soon we are all just going to switch to rogers who is taking reservations already here: http://www.rogers.com/web/content/os-blackberry?cm_sp=homepage-pre-_-bb10-soon-en-1212-_-slot2

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 20
I'm a Participant Level 1 mabujan
I'm a Participant Level 1

Me too. If they don't bring BB10 to the lineup, my business will go elsewhere.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 20
I'm a Participant Level 2 mikekay

Another yes, Also Rogers is able to reserve them already how come we are not

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 20
I'm a Participant Level 3 Raygun
I'm a Participant Level 3

Definitely, yes! I mean, Blackberry is still the top smartphone in Canada, it would be ridiculous for Rogers to lose customers to other carriers. They do such a terrible job of upselling their Fido users to Rogers, so bring the new phones to Fido!
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 20
I'm Experienced Level 3
I'm Experienced Level 3

Don't you understand this is EXACTLY what Rogers is hoping to see happen? Only way to get Rogers to consider giving Fido more high end devices and new releases like BB10 is to let them know you will NOT switch to Rogers, but rather tell them you will switch to Bell or Wind or Telus or anywhere else!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 20
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1 kato

You're exactly right, Justin_Credible...of course Rogers wants you to switch from Fido, as you will be paying more for your wireless plan (which is how they make their money), and they get you to switch by offering better/newer phones. For instance, the $56 unlimited plan offered by Fido will cost you over $100 on Rogers (unless you're able to get a retention plan, even then, I was not offered 2gb of data for a similar price). 

I was with Rogers before recently switching to Fido, and trust me, it was a huge headache. My Rogers bill was wrong every month, which means I constantly had to pay more then I budgeted, and even though they have 24/7 customer service (which can be useful), they were often rude and would say they would fix things that they never fixed, give me misinformation, and I often spent at least an hour on the phone with them each time. I should mention I was always nice when I called them, especially when it seemed like they were fixing the problem...but often nothing was fixed, and finally I got the rudest CSR ever, got fed up and switched to Fido before my contract was done (and even that process was a pain). 

Not saying that Fido (or any cdn wireless company) is perfect...but I'd implore everyone to do some research on Rogers before they switch just to get the BB10 phones. There have been tons of complaints on Rogers' over-billing practices (among other things). Remember that Rogers owns Fido, and Fido is branded as their more "discount" carrier... of course they want you to switch and pay more on Rogers! 

I too am aching for the BB10 phones to come out, but am going to wait and see if Fido gets any...for the sake of RIM, I really hope as many carriers as possible will carry the phone at launch. I have my eye on Virgin Mobile as well, as they have a better selection of smartphones, and comparable plans (they also offered the same $56 plan that Fido currently has). 

I like Fido a lot, and love their plans, but took a no phone 2-year contract (so no/low cancellation fees)...as I really wanted a new BB10 phone...REALLY hoping they get something at or close to launch, or else I would consider switching to someone other then Rogers. Tongue I bet there are tons of people like me, who aren't posting, but are really hoping Fido gets the phones because they don't want to switch or buy a phone outright. 

Just do some research before switching! Remember you'll be locked into a 2-3 year contract if you get a BB10 phone at the discounted price!!! "flex-tab" is basically the same as cancellation fees! It's a long time Wink 

Fido: If you get the BB10 phones, you'll lock people like me into a contract with higher cancellation fees, so we're less likely to switch! There's still a large base of Blackberry fans who probably didn't come to Fido from other discount carriers because the Bold 9900 was never offered. Virgin offers better/newer phones, including the 9900, and I don't think they (i.e: Bell) loses anything by doing so. If anything, I would think they gain more customers who would otherwise switch to Wind/Mobilicity, who want a discount plan, but also a quality phone. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 20
I'm a Participant Level 1 Scouter_Don

I have been a Fido customer for a long time. One issue I do have is that even though it is owned by Rogers, often Rogers customers get access to new phones before Fido customers do. The BB-10 is available at Rogers but not Fido.  If I can not get it at launch then I will definitely think about changing providers. But I will not reward Rogers by switching from their Fido subsidiary to Rogers. I will look for a competitor.

Hopefully, Fido and Rogers will see the light and I can have my BB-10 and keep my Fido too!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 20
I'm a Participant Level 2 nikkih202

Agreed. All the other carriers are starting to reserve them. I want one and would really like to stay with Fido but Im willing to switch to Bell or Wind to get it. Not Rogers. So Come On Fido. Make Your Customers Happy and bring bb 10!!!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 20
I'm a Participant Level 1 StCharm

Well you've all said everything I wanted to say so DITTO FOR ME TOO!

I've held off getting any new phones or upgrading my contract for this very reason. In the past I've to fork out ridulous cash to purchase an unlocked phone just to remain on the fido network and I've been with them for yeeeaaaarrrrs! Time to show us some loyalty! 2 weeks to go or I go .... ball is in your court!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 20

I agree,

My wife and i are totally leaving FIdo if they don't carry the Blackberry 10 we are faithful loyalty customers and demand quality new innovative products...especially when they are available with other companies such as Rogers.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 14 of 20
I'm a Participant Level 1 Waldo6

Me too! We have been with FIDO for 15 years and I have 3 lines with them and a 4th (for my daughter) coming soon. I have an old curve and LOVE the look of the BB10. A friend can get me a deal with Telus so unless FIDO offers the BB10 and with a good plan then I'm going to pay off my contract and move my family.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 15 of 20