Payment Confusion..

Payment Confusion..

Payment Confusion..

Jh86
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Payment Confusion..

Hello - I am a new prepaid customer who paid a credit card payment within the Fido app. The payment shows processed within the app and reflects a -$75.00 balance. My financial institution also shows a posted payment to Fido yet on Fido.ca MyAccount shows a $0.00 and will not let me use my device on the new pre-paid $60 monthly plan.
Please help.
Thank you

11 REPLIES 11
Jh86

Yes the names and address are the same on both accounts. My bank rep has told me that the issue would be on your end. There are issues with processing a refund as well. They asked me to have Fido reverse the charges. How do I start that process?
Have you had issues with visa debit in the past? Each time I try to validate my card I get a red line populated near the top of the page saying "a system error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again later."
And the same issue persists with interac online telling me to use the visa debit system rather than interac online and processing the payment.
FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Thanks for confirming.

Have you tried using our self-serve over the phone to complete your credit card registration? Customers having trouble on Fido.ca seem to have been able to do it with no problem through the self-serve.

In regards to the refund, I'll send you a private message.

Talk to you soon! Smiley

Jh86

Yes I have tried a different browser and a computer rather than mobile device. All have the same issue. I go to process the visa debit payment through the credit card section and get a processing error. I then attempt to pay via interac online and get an error from my bank saying I must pay via visa debit since Fido.ca accepts visa debit payment method. I will be speaking with my bank shortly to see if the processing error could be on their end.
FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Alright Jh86, let us know what they say!

Did you check if your name and address were spelled exactly the same way on both your VISA Debit account and Fido account? This could be a reason why you're having trouble.

Jh86

So no suggestions....?
My bank is on your list....please re-read my issue

It's odd that the refill isn't going through. Have you tried doing it in a different browser? 

As for the credit card refills, the name on the account and the address need to match your credit card account information. 

Keep me posted Jh86!

Jh86

Also - do you know if any known issues with visa debit? After attempting to add funds to my account through credit card section, the process failed so I tried using the interac online method. When completing the interact online payment, I had a notice that the payment could not be completed as Fido accepts visa debit. I was prompted to return to your site and complete the payment through the credit card section. This has failed again. Any suggestions??
FidoMatt
Former Moderator

Not all financial institutions are accepted for Interac payments, you can see the list of financial institutions here

Jh86

To be clear - you're telling me that after signing in successfully to your mobile app with my new Fido phone number, the payment I completed cannot be transferred to the right place on your end?...This is not a great start to my service as I test a new provider with a month-to-month plan before beginning a monthly service.
Thanks for the information -

Don't worry Jh86! 

Your payment was received in the right account Smiley But, since the refill wasn't done through the proper channel, it wasn't applied to your prepaid account as airtime. 

If you plan on switching to a monthly service in the future, you'll definitely be able to use the My Account app Smiley

FidoSamantha
Former Moderator

Hey Jh86!

Welcome to the community Smiley 

There are 3 ways for you to refill your account: 

- Using a Prepaid airtime voucher

- Using INTERAC Online

- Using your credit card

The My Account application is only compatible with monthly services. To have your payment returned, you'll need to get in touch with your financial institution. 

Check out our Auto Refill service Smiley It could be very convenient since you have a By The Month plan.

Hope this helps!